Seat Belt Light On.

SkyMonster

I removed my drivers seat a couple of days ago and refitted it. I forgot to re connect the connector under the seat which i believe can cause an Airbag light fault but my issue is i have a Seat Belt light even though the connector is back on now. I ran a diagnostic via a dongle but its not showing any faults. Im at a loss what the issue can be.

Unlugging the cable under the seat will make the vehicle think the seat belt is done up (backwards i know) so it must need to complete a circuit to think its unplugged
Try unplugging it again and see if it clears, if its doesnt then you may need to check the wiring and make sure you havent crushed/shorted the cable(s) somewhere

Always remove negative terminal buddy :) if the seat belt warning sign does not disappear than untick Seat belt warning save coding clear the fault and tick it back on sometimes it works in my case everytime

Do you mean on the main battery. Should I try disconnecting the negative now? I only have the single type diagnostic tool to no coding option.

I’ve tried disconnecting the connector under the seat but the light is still on.

Back