Screw-holes in metal - fill and paint?

Hello as you can probably guess i have a T6 to convert and i have a quick question and the rear floor. So the van came pretty badly ply lined, so i plan on replacing it all. The question i have is that previous the ply floor has been screwed down through the ribs and into the vans floor!!! My plan is to cover the floor in Dodo duo mat then use 9mm packers bonded on top and screw the new floor to the battens. What do i do about the holes left behind behind from the previous floor installation? I was just going to fill them with silicone to keep the water out, but is there another or better option to fill the holes?

Thanks

Hello as you can probably guess i have a T6 to convert and i have a quick question and the rear floor. So the van came pretty badly ply lined, so i plan on replacing it all. The question i have is that previous the ply floor has been screwed down through the ribs and into the vans floor!!! My plan is to cover the floor in Dodo duo mat then use 9mm packers bonded on top and screw the new floor to the battens. What do i do about the holes left behind behind from the previous floor installation? I was just going to fill them with silicone to keep the water out, but is there another or better option to fill the holes?

Thanks
Treat them with anti rust paint like hammerite and then fill with something like Sikaflex.

hi all.
How have folk repaired the holes left on side door and barn door inner panels when the ply has been removed ? I don’t want to carpet around the windows so I’m thinking fill the holes and paint ?
Any thoughts ?
Thanks.

Back