Covering up Screw Holes

cy294

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning all,

I have barn doors which have been covered with a full length ply board and carpeted. I am thinking of having windows put in the doors. If I do, what can I do about the screw holes that will be left? As the person who lined it for me has screwed into the door frame from what I can see.

Thanks in advance.

I would fit some small pop rivets (dipped in waxoil). Yes they will be visible but neat and fairly flush. Or some short stainless self tappers.

Other approach is filler and paint or weld and paint.

You say door frame but do you mean part of the door? If the area will be carpetted afterwards then it's a simple treat and paint job for the screw holes. You can tape over them too with aluminium tape or anything reasonably tough.

This is what I have at the moment, hope it makes things easier to visualise.

IMG_20200503_172711.jpg

IMG_20200503_172724.jpg

IMG_20200503_172733.jpg

Morning all,

I have barn doors which have been covered with a full length ply board and carpeted. I am thinking of having windows put in the doors. If I do, what can I do about the screw holes that will be left? As the person who lined it for me has screwed into the door frame from what I can see.

Thanks in advance.
Hi mate.
How did you manage the screw holes in the end ? I have the same problem now.
Thanks.
Matt.

hi all.
How have folk repaired the holes left on side door and barn door inner panels when the ply has been removed ? I don’t want to carpet around the windows so I’m thinking fill the holes and paint ?
Any thoughts ?
Thanks.

Had my van converted to kombi recently and on the sliding side door I have 4 self tapper holes where I fitted a ply panel to the solid upper panel. Now it's a widow I'd like to hide these holes.

The only thing I can think is stick on screw caps in matching colour indium grey. Like the vinyl sticky back ones I use to cover screws on kitchens

Anyone got any other clever ideas

Threads merged
hi all.
How have folk repaired the holes left on side door and barn door inner panels when the ply has been removed ? I don’t want to carpet around the windows so I’m thinking fill the holes and paint ?
Any thoughts ?
Thanks.
Had my van converted to kombi recently and on the sliding side door I have 4 self tapper holes where I fitted a ply panel to the solid upper panel. Now it's a widow I'd like to hide these holes.

The only thing I can think is stick on screw caps in matching colour indium grey. Like the vinyl sticky back ones I use to cover screws on kitchens

Anyone got any other clever ideas
If they’re flat then this seems to be the cheapest solution:
I'm going to get some body coloured vinyl and cut out some circular stickers.

Back