Scotland (West Coast)

Molldog

T6 Guru
We’re thinking of a 5/6 day tour up in Scotlands’ west coast. Maybe with a jaunt over to one of the islands in the Highlands.
Mrs MD also wants to do the Glencoe thing too.
Will most likely be doing single night stopovers but the Mrs always likes EHU so proper sites will be a must. Don’t mind one or two wild nights as the leisure battery should have a good charge.
Any recommendations of sites guys?
Will be taking the Dubdog as well.

I've done loads of the West Coast. I love Sunnyside Croft at Arasaig. The facilities are great. In Glencoe for a proper wild experience go to Red Squirrel Campsite. Facilities aren't as great but you can walk to the the Clachaig Inn which is fantastic. I've stayed in a few on Skye. But this place in Torvaig is brilliant. For a proper amazing meal go to The Applecross Inn. Best seafood ever. Did all this with a dog, so all dog friendly. Enjoy!

I was going to mention Sunnyside Croft and Torvaig too. We stayed at Sunnyside last May, weather was atrocious but we agreed we'd return there next year.
We've stayed at Torvaig twice in the last two years and will return next year.
If you want a couple of stops on the way; the CAMC site in Garlietson is in a lovely spot, the Luss Caravan and Campsite on the banks of Loch Lomond is superb, the Glen Nevis campsite is also superb and a great base for a hike up Ben Nevis.
If you are catching a ferry from Skye to the Outer Hebrides, the Uig campsite is great value and right next to the ferry terminal.
Hope this helps

Just returned from 1000 mile round trip east York’s to Isle of Mull today
There’s plenty of free overnighters on side of Loch Lomond btw we stayed in a quiet car park in the middle of Glasgow as visiting my son ideal free stopover on park4night
Was told by a motorhomer that Skye was very busy with vans
We stayed 3 nights at Fidden farm campsite at south of mull …. No booking but not needed as huge field …. Fantastic white beaches rugged bays and visit to Iona
3 nights salen Bay campsite … mix of tents and vans ideal for top half of mull good facilities
Tobermory distillery …. Golden eagles and seals …small single track roads … very scenic
Ferry to mull is £50 return van and 2 ppl you can hop on earlier or later ferries in standby queue

7E6CE8DC-1842-469C-9986-9269BE0C90F0.jpeg

E1C0FD84-A229-4791-82B7-D59B69E7B711.jpeg

0858EA51-6A39-4561-98CB-3B16AEB54BF3.jpeg

258314E5-65B8-49CD-AEFC-F118C5906EB2.jpeg

586D52A9-4D3E-48A9-8251-5B4EA85F0454.jpeg

Just returned from 1000 mile round trip east York’s to Isle of Mull today
There’s plenty of free overnighters on side of Loch Lomond btw we stayed in a quiet car park in the middle of Glasgow as visiting my son ideal free stopover on park4night
Was told by a motorhomer that Skye was very busy with vans
We stayed 3 nights at Fidden farm campsite at south of mull …. No booking but not needed as huge field …. Fantastic white beaches rugged bays and visit to Iona
3 nights salen Bay campsite … mix of tents and vans ideal for top half of mull good facilities
Tobermory distillery …. Golden eagles and seals …small single track roads … very scenic
Ferry to mull is £50 return van and 2 ppl you can hop on earlier or later ferries in standby queue

View attachment 173345

View attachment 173346

View attachment 173347

View attachment 173348

View attachment 173349
we did the same trip to Mull and stayed at the same sites utterly ace

Back