Scot Seat Camper Bed

LakelandStu

T6 Pro
Hi, I got my van last year and love it. I've realised I have no idea what make/who makes the bed in the van. It's a fixed frame and quite a deep back section compared to other rock-and-roll beds. Apologies for the shoddy photos but any idea who made it? The van is a 2020 so at most it's three years old. The headrests detach to fold down (obviously), and it has a bar at the front visible in the photos to pull the bottom section out before tipping over. The middle section has two 'bars' on either side, which pull out of the fixing to allow this section to be folded forward - these are visible on the left and right-hand sides of the third photo along with a handwritten white number 37064 (if you can see them for all out clutter stored). Any suggestions welcome as to the manufacturer/type of bed!

20230831_110440.jpg20230831_110444.jpg20230831_110519.jpg

So checked my van and found the same label. Not sure how I missed it previously but definitely a Scottseat
Thanks for responding... Another result for the forum!
I'm just looking at these now and wondering how comfortable you find it?

I'm just looking at these now and wondering how comfortable you find it?
Hi. I hired a van before I bought one, and the had a rock n roll bed, and I find the Scott more comfortable. That said, like many van owners, we also now have an inflatable mattress as well as a topper over that for extra padding... I'm in my 50's so the more comfort the better.

Hi. I hired a van before I bought one, and the had a rock n roll bed, and I find the Scott more comfortable. That said, like many van owners, we also now have an inflatable mattress as well as a topper over that for extra padding... I'm in my 50's so the more comfort the better.
Not far off, mid 40's :cool:. My parents had a Vamoose conversion years ago that they never used, so we did. That had a Bedrock bed in it that I remember being more than comfortable enough, but when they sold their van we moved on to borrowing a friend's - that had a pretty simple, bog-standard rock and roll bed in it that was horrible to sleep on. Now we are spec-ing our own van, I want to get it right!

Not far off, mid 40's :cool:. My parents had a Vamoose conversion years ago that they never used, so we did. That had a Bedrock bed in it that I remember being more than comfortable enough, but when they sold their van we moved on to borrowing a friend's - that had a pretty simple, bog-standard rock and roll bed in it that was horrible to sleep on. Now we are spec-ing our own van, I want to get it right!
Get that completely. To be honest the air mattress and topper made the biggest difference. The bed is still not what I'd call comfortable without them, although it is thicker than the rock n roll type we tried.

We are looking around for converters and there is a relatively new converter near to me using Scot Seats as their bed system, and at a glance there does look like there are some interesting things to consider but very little information elsewhere online about them that I can find.

Firstly, they operate similar to the RIB beds, in that you sleep on the reverse, you also get that adjustable back position and large rear parcel shelf, all (I'm guessing) without the height of the RIB. I like the look of them too. The gallery section of the site also seems to suggest they do a relatively narrow 3 seat version, which would still leave a fair space for the side kitchen. I'll wait and see what the deal is what that one though.

I got my T6 before Xmas and have been giddy looking at conversion options, but frustrated by the time of year as I can't get going, and because I'm like an impatient child at the moment, and I can't wait for them to re-open after the new year for them to get back to me following an email I've sent them, I thought I'd try the hive mind here for advice and experience anecdotes first. If there are any?

So, Scot Seats Camper Beds, what's the craic?

Thanks.

Back