sca poptop roof seal

scotia

Mechanical engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello - question for the SCA roof owners - has anyone got a pic of their seal that goes around the shell? We have a 198 LWB roof and the seal has been cut too short by the fitter so we have a gap at the back.. i'd like to do it properly and also change the model to the more "deluxe" version which seems much better.. i had seen a pic on here a while ago of this but i cant find it.. any help out there?

ta!

Got a pic of yours now?

To compare?

The seals can collect water and shite over time. If you remove it give it a clean out and refit from the front (I guess the butt is at the back) you may find it fits ok.
Like a door seal keep the fit tight as you work around, you may find it takes more that one attempt.

i'll get a pic tomorrow. ah ok thanks @DXX i hadnt thought of that - it does seem to fit ok round the front.. so i doubt there is much slack.. i'd still be interested in finding this other part number but SCA are tricky to get in touch wth - only through the dealers - and in switzerland this is tricky!

As @DXX says, I had my (Skyline Aurora) pop top resprayed. When the van was returned to me it had about a 20mm gap in the rubber profile at the back of the pop top where the painter was a little lazy putting it back on. I removed it and re-installed 2/3 times and managed to get it to meet and butt up nice and close again. It's an annoying task as when it was installed new it was long enough I knew with some fettling I could get it aligned again

I know this is an old thread but I have a follow up question. The trim around my pop top (SCA 190 deluxe) has lost any grip it had on the edge and is a pain to put back each time I lower the roof. I want to refit it and give the edge a good clean but I need to know how the trim is secured to the edge - is adhesive or mastic used or anything else or is it supposed to rely purely on friction?
Thanks

Back