OMG - first DIY job, door seals, what a nightmare......

dave_b

VIP Member
T6 Guru
only taken me 3 hours to fit the passenger side seal.
roof lining will now not quite fit back properly, small gap between it and the seal.
B billar, same, will not quit fit back in properly, Lower part, small gaps, a feel as though the plastic has deformed.
foot step in not back in place correctly, this was the hardest part to put back.
and yes, I cut the seal too short......so there is now about a 1cm gap in the seal.....
not my best day, I'm usually very good with my hands, but for some reason, this was a nightmare.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
I'm not doing the drivers side for fear of ruining the trim on that side as well.

Confused.....can you show some pics ? Are these the ones you stick to the inside of the door on the outer edge?

How long is the bit you have left?
I would look at cutting the part already fitted back to install the bit you have left tightly into the new larger gap and stick the ends together with superglue

I’m booked in for a stereo upgrade with @Absolut5 so I might get a new seal and ask Jason very nicely if he could fit it and correct my very poor workmanship when he does the upgrade……

Reactions: JOG
Back