Safety Recall T6.1 vans Driver's door Bowden cable.

I would imagine that once the warranty has expired it wouldn't make any difference if you had it done or not. The problem with the door cables snapping handles, locking you out or opening while motoring only seem to occur in very low winter temperatures. However, if a problem has been identified and you can have it corrected for free - I say 'why not'?
Still under warranty (2y old campervan).; I understand what you are saying, just read that other members had issues after works have been done. If I lived in North Finland they yes, but temperatures in Mid Wales are not that extreme.

Yes I get that and of course it is at your discretion. I had mine done and had to take the vehicle back because of a problem created by having the intial recall work done. That was in spite of me giving a heads upabout the string of problems that other vehicles owners have experienced.

Yes I get that and of course it is at your discretion. I had mine done and had to take the vehicle back because of a problem created by having the intial recall work done. That was in spite of me giving a heads upabout the string of problems that other vehicles owners have experienced.
I asked about not having it done during the 1st service, and a service manager at VW VC Wrexham told me that they would not cary out the 1st service without doing the cables at the same time. They messed up my appointment time (different thread), as i offered to bring it back another time for the cables to be done (they would take longer than an oil change), but he refused.

Back