Ryder TF1170, L/B & towbar

Periscope007

VIP Member
Hi everyone. I've taken on a 2016 Caravelle with some conversion work already carried out. It has a towbar fitted and there is a Ryder TF1170 fitted under the passenger seat. Anyone familiar with this device can help me overcome my confusion, hopefully. The un-switched o/p (4) is connected to the leisure battery, also under the passenger seat. There are no other electronic devices other than fuse holders and a rats nest of wiring. My questions being, is this wired correctly? Do I not need a dc-dc converter installing? Also, the ehu is wired to an rcd fuse box under the drivers seat. There is no charger for the leisure battery, do I need to fit one? Hope I am being clear with my description. Many thanks for any help and advice forthcoming

Any pictures of the wiring?
Hi Airhog, thanks for your response. Regarding the Ryder towbar device, I contacted the company (why didn't I think of that?) and they confirmed the device is wrongly wired and sent me details of the correct wiring and how to set it up should it require doing. I do have pics but they do not show anything other than a mass of very poor wiring (not guilty). Still unsure about dc-dc requirement though?

Back