Rubber Door Seal coming away

johnholt7

HI. I'm new to this forum. I've recently purchased a T6 on a 19 plate, that's only done 21000 miles. The van is in mint/excellent condition however I've noticed that the rubber seal on the drivers door, by the footwell has started to come away. It was like this when I purchased the van a week ago. Can anyone advise me if this problem will be under my warranty? If not, can anyone advise me on where I could take it to be repaired? Thanks

A photo would help. If it‘s an OEM seal it will be warranty but you might have a battle with VWUK.

HI. I'm new to this forum. I've recently purchased a T6 on a 19 plate, that's only done 21000 miles. The van is in mint/excellent condition however I've noticed that the rubber seal on the drivers door, by the footwell has started to come away. It was like this when I purchased the van a week ago. Can anyone advise me if this problem will be under my warranty? If not, can anyone advise me on where I could take it to be repaired? Thanks
Mine has done the same after 2 years and 40,000 km. VW Aus call it wear and tear and won’t replace. Service manager recommends gluing rather than replacing as it is less likely to reoffend. I’m glad we now get 5 years warranty, but issues not covered like door seals and a minor bump in a car park causing expensive damage to the vulnerable radar sensor are just poor engineering.

Back