Roof wrap for solar panel- whole roof or panel coverage?

Hold up o_O on the non-poptop+tailgate t6, are we saying there are grommets you can use to pass solar cable inside keeping the roof from having new holes?
On barn door versions, there are grommets covering the tailgate fixing points.

I drilled a hole, but at least it is inside the pop top canvas so it isn't liable to let water in.

Looking for advice on what I've done wrong as have fitted my semi flexible panel down on Sunday however have checked today and it has not bonded properly to the vinyl and has peeled up which took a little bit of effort but was expecting it to be stuck fast. This is what I did:

1. Applied vinyl to roof. This stuff in gloss black to match colour of pop top. Gloss Black | GM001F

2. Applied Sikaflex 252 structural adhesive to the three ridged high points on my pop top. The Sikaflex was an absolute pig to get out of the tube and could only get it to come out very slowly without the nozzle on despite warming the tubes in hot water.

3. Stuck panel down onto roof. The plan was to then seal the edges with Sikaflex also however there was no way I was going to be able to use the nozzle as could only get it out in blobs at a time.

4. Then left it to set until today with the intention to stick the edges with a different more workable adhesive however when testing the bond it has peeled away from the vinyl but stuck to the panel.

So what have I done wrong? Should it have been a different non gloss vinyl? Should I have keyed the vinyl?

Now need to try and get this mess off the panel.
PXL_20230425_172535806.MP.jpg

Only thing I can think is people use ppf not wrap material …. Don’t seal the rear edge btw so air can travel up under the panel to cool it

No idea not that I put on it. It had a thin layer that peeled off once it was stuck down.

It sounds like your sikaflex was old or out of date, I had no issues squeezing it out of a cut nozzle, it should come out the same consistency as silicone.

Back