Roof lining

ChrisPatt71

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this topic has already been covered.
I want to line out the rear roof panels to match the cab and as I see it I have 2 options.
1. Find a good colour match lining material.
2. Re-line the cab roof trim.

I would prefer the first option, but have no idea where to get the trim. And I'm worried that the 2nd option would go horribly wrong!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this topic has already been covered.
I want to line out the rear roof panels to match the cab and as I see it I have 2 options.
1. Find a good colour match lining material.
2. Re-line the cab roof trim.

I would prefer the first option, but have no idea where to get the trim. And I'm worried that the 2nd option would go horribly wrong!

Any help would be much appreciated.
Harrison's trim supplies do a grey cloth headlining which is very close .
I will put a photo on later

Van looks great, and very similar to the look I want. What thickness ply did you use for the one piece roof, and was it hard to get the fixing hole positions lined up correctly.

Van looks great, and very similar to the look I want. What thickness ply did you use for the one piece roof, and was it hard to get the fixing hole positions lined up correctly.
I used a 8x4 6mm sheet .
I laid the old headlining sheets on top of my new one ,and marked all the holes .
I got some knock in fixings ,which I put back in the metalwork ,then used some small wood screws to fasten it up .
Then put filler over the screws and sanded them .
Then the hard part gluing the head lining up ,I had some help with this part ,we rolled the headlining along on a card board tube .

has anyone cut a new headlining panel for a LWB using an 8x4 ply sheet? The rear section is too big to use the 8x4 so not sure how to do it??

Back