Road Fund Licence / Tax / VEL on a new van

Express79

Hi there
I have a silly question to ask?
Soon to pick up vw t6 shuttle.
I wanted to know if the road tax is included when i pick up the vehicle.
Been delivered from germany to uk dealers.
Got phone call from dealers to sign papers and pick up the invoice for payment.
Can anyone tell me what i should expect and what to look out for?
Thank in advance
T6forum champions

Road fund licence will be included in the price, you will need to provide proof of insurance. Have a good look around for and small dents/scratches that could happen in transit. Its a lot harder to argue they were already there once you have left the forecourt and happen a lot more often than you would think. Check as much stuff works as soon as possible and enjoy your new vehicle and Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Im gutted i could not get alloys on the t6 as my friend got them and at a cheaper price all in.
Im paying more with standard wheels.
I just dont know how he has done it.

Don't rush and don't let them rush you, if they are busy send them away and tell them you want 5 mins on your own, check all options ordered are present and take a phone lead with you and get them to demo Bluetooth and app connect if you ordered it
Also make sure you check the roof

Don't rush and don't let them rush you, if they are busy send them away and tell them you want 5 mins on your own, check all options ordered are present and take a phone lead with you and get them to demo Bluetooth and app connect if you ordered it
Also make sure you check the roof
Thanks for what i should check out for.
It seems you know me as i am one of the people who would not check properly as the dealers are saying we are very busy.
Thanks for the advice very grateful

I just kept sending them away telling them i wanted a cup of tea, dont pay until you are 100% happy and given everything a good look over

Thanks for what i should check out for.
It seems you know me as i am one of the people who would not check properly as the dealers are saying we are very busy.
Thanks for the advice very grateful
Check as much as you can, paintwork, doors shuts properly, everything lines up, oil level if you can, basically take your time and look as much as possible. Main thing to remember its your money and your the customer and like I said once you drive off and hand your money over its a lot harder to get them to admit anything was wrong to begin with.
I know this sounds extreme but its a lot of money your parting with. 99% of the time it will all be A OK, but you don't want to be the 1%.

Another qustion
Do dealers charge extra for dual passenger seat at the front?
As mine is 8 passenger shuttle.
Basic price 25315
Plus 540 dual passenger seat front.
Is this right.
Hopefully you can help out thanks

Eight Seats is that a mini bus hire of a big family? I did not think you paid extra for the dual seat, have you checked the price list

Hi all went to the dealers and 500 pound extra on top of the price for road tax.
I understanding was if vehicle is over 40000 pounds then you pay at first registration.
Am i wrong.
Please help

Hi there
Picking my new t6 next week.
I just wanted to know my dealer had said i have to pay 500 pounds for the first year road tax, as first regestered owner and then next year it will be 140 pounds.
Is this right?
My t6 is 102ps shuttle 9 seater.
Any reply would be grateful.
Thanks in advance

Back