Vehicle Excise Duty / Tax/ RFL

Hi I have just had my T6 (T32 204 4 motion) road tax auto renew at £265 is that right? I thought with the adblue it was cheaper? thanks
Adblue reduces NO2 not CO2, road tax is based on CO2 g/km.

Light goods vehicles have a flat rate of £265 per year.

My Caravelle on the other hand has just cost me £475.

yes.... I was a bit eek when the dealer i bought it from said that after i bought it... hahaha - ah well, its only for the first five years
It was second hand and he wasnt a VW dealer and dint know anyhting about what he was selling. (i got a bargain because of that, lets just say..)

I’m just doing an HPI on a 2018 shuttle I’m considering buying and it says this;
8B06D61D-3542-41AE-8816-EE9B676308A8.png
does that mean I’d have to pay £475 road tax?:eek:

It’s this one btw;

whats your thought on it? It has finance on it tho??:thumbsdown:

Is the seller the original owner? Most, if not all T6 Shuttles with a 150 engine and above were over £40k new which means the tax should be 475 per year for the first 5 years. However, i have heard a few Shuttle owners quote the £150 number. I'm wondering if this rate increase is lost at change of ownership, or they see it as a different cost i.e. £150 road tax, and £325 expensive vehicle status tax that we don't want to say out loud..... Maybe...

Either way, I pick up my Shuttle end of this week and it was £44k list 18 months ago! :oops:

Yep, You most of you guys were correct:thumbsup: got pics of the log book and did a dummy tax run, £475 per yearo_O so why would he lie ffs?:rolleyes:

It seems there is a benefit to paying the £475 road tax.........never having to reverse in a country lane! The villages around me a filling up with these ‘kers.

Back