Vehicle Excise Duty / Tax/ RFL

Yeah mine must have just sneaked under then. Woohoo. I though they were all over £40k when new.

The van was shite anyway so I didn’t buy it:rolleyes:
A bit annoying as I’d traveled about a 150 miles to see it:cry:

@Wizzer59 have you tried VW used vans site?

I’ve just put a deposit on another I saw last week, I liked it at the time, but wanted lower mileage, anyway the guy wasn’t selling it for a couple of wks so I kept on looking, anyway after this shuttle debacle I decided to have it:thumbsup:
so anyway don’t send me somewhere Where I can find something better ffs:unsure::rofl:

Murder looking for a van, I had a budget of 12,000, ended up spending 17500, best thing about shuttle was no vat and 36000 mile, most vans I went to see had loads of repairs done, even the low milage ones.

No it’s £205 that was the first year tax as the vehicle was over a certain amount when new

Nope, I got all the V5 info from the seller and went on the gov website to tax it, and it said it was £475, just as others have said, and as it said it would be on the log book pic I post above:rolleyes:

I didn’t, but not just because of the tax, the bodywork had been beat up and repaired by a five year old by the look of it:confused:

Swb manuals tend to be under £40k so scrape the lower tax. Mine lwb dsg incl 3 zone climate and metallic over £40k. 13 months and 11000 miles later bought for £25k as a vw approved used vehicle incl first service (early as was longlife but I have to negotiate something into the deal). Bargain and I have no intention of adding a pop top. Tinted the windows and took the 3rd row seat out and I’ve saved £10k on the equivalent kombi and I can go faster on dual carriageways!

I have just bought a 2019 LWB Shuttle and got a filthy look from the Mrs when the guy in the dealership said £475 for the tax. I had assured the wife that as it was a cleaner engine it must be less than our T5 shuttle (£305):oops:

Back