RIB Seat Belts

Davenjo

VIP Member
T6 Legend
We took the mother in law out today - sat her in the front on the way no problem but, on the way home, we sat her on the RIB - for some reason she struggled to fasten the seat belt but after a bit of fiddling she managed it. When we delivered her home the seatbelt wouldn't release - managed to get enough slack in the belt to get her out.

I couldn't release the buckle so ended up having to prise open the plastic to get at it, breaking the securing clips in the process. Somehow the spring that operates the buckle had come off and so it was not doing anything - how the heck she managed to do that I don't know!!

The spring is now correctly seated again and works as intended (I had to glue the plastic casing back together but it looks fine). I've operated it circa 50 times since reseating and everything works OK.

Has anybody else ever had a similar issue with a RIB, or any other seatbelt, before and, now the spring has come off once ,can I expect it to keep doing it? Also, any ideas how a young 79 year old lady could of forced the spring off just by trying to fasten the belt lol??

Can't imagine having anything worse stuck in my van than the mother in law :rofl:..............although on a serious note not being able to undo a belt in an emergency is not good.
Has it not been trapped or crushed under the seat at some point ? Mine really do my head in when they flop under the seat when making the bed back.

I'd fire an email of to them.

Lol. No sign of damage where it may have been trapped or anything similar plus Jo travelled in the same seat on the way. I really think she tried to insert the belt at 90 degrees to where it should go and this somehow dislodged the spring.

Back