Safety belt stuck

hatjoepeg

T6 Pro
The middle seat belt (front) is stuck.
I fitted the hinge for this seat some while ago but now the belt will not release so that it can be used. I had the seat cover off today but there is a big plastic cover over the mechanism. I can just about wiggle the reel of the seat belt but cant seem to make it release.
does the cover come off so I can get more access or does anyone have a “tip” to make the belt work?

This happens to me aswell when returning the seat to the upright position. I try get the belt loose when the seat back is almost locked in the upright position, as it gives a slight bit of play in the belt.

This happened to me as well .. I just played around with the belt .. pulledit hard and it released .. it will release

I had this with a rocknroll bed seat belt. In my case, the belt had reeled in not perfectly flat, so it dragged the reel onto the ratchet and locked it. I managed to free it by pulling till it went tight, then backing off till the ratchet released with a click. I could then pull out a bit more. After much fiddling, I got past the rough bit. Then I allowed it to reel back slowly. It was slightly better afterwards.

The middle seat belt (front) is stuck.
I fitted the hinge for this seat some while ago but now the belt will not release so that it can be used. I had the seat cover off today but there is a big plastic cover over the mechanism. I can just about wiggle the reel of the seat belt but cant seem to make it release.
does the cover come off so I can get more access or does anyone have a “tip” to make the belt work?
I Notice that this post is quite old as I write this, I hope you sorted it by now but for anyone else having this issue I have just experienced the exact same thing. Putting the seat flat is making the 'reel' mechanism think the seat or vehicle is no longer up right so locks in place to protect the occupier. I had to strip the seat right back to access the mentioned "big plastic cover" yes this can be removed by top 2 pinch clips they need pressing in from both sides to release. Once this is out of the way you will see the reel with a black cover over the safety locking mechanism, under this there is a ball baring assembly that is stopping the belt releasing, once released extract as much belt as you can. Refit everything in reverse of how it was removed. When the chair is put back to the upright position I no longer had locking up issues. Going forward I plug the seat belt in before folding forward and leave some slack in there as well this gives you half a chance of getting it back up without major operations. Hope this helps anyone having these issues :)

Back