RIB Bed Noise

Bryn23

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hey all,

I've got a reasonably new RIB bed (4 months) with the 200mm Slide option and I'm getting a fair bit of rattling noise and i've noticed it even more that I've started to sound deaden and insulate the Van.

Any one else had this issue and found a way to reduce it.

Im thinking maybe a heavier slider lube, but that will only help if its the slider and rail that is causing the noise.

Also, does anyone know what grease/lube is on there from factory

Cheers,

Bryn

Hi @Bryn23, I've got a sliding RIB as well and so far it's being quiet.
Do you notice the noise when it's at all positions on the slide?

I did get warned when i ordered through my local importer, it that the sliders made rattling noise from his experience.

I just didn't hear any rattles when it was first in, even the importer was surprised.

It must be that now its quieter in the van, that i can notice it.

I have only driven with it in sitting directly above the frame, and in seating position.

The seat belts are tucked in to the seat as they make noise if hanging and hitting the frame.

I'll have go over it on the weekend and see if everything is tight.

Try sticking a felt pad between the gap in the frame and the moveable uprights to take up the slack??

I think i found the main issue,

it turns out the frame between the slider and bottom frame hadn't be torqued up, they were loose:eek: and rattling

The Installer hadn't tightened them up on the left side..

It sounds a lot better now I've tightened them up, still a little noise, which ill have to track down.

I'll have to check all nuts and bolts over the weekend, when i have a little more time, as i wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more that need a little tightening up.

I've got quite a few felt pads around, as we just had a new timber floor installed in the apartment and i went a little overboard with felt for the furniture, might see how they go after checking all the bolts and nuts

cheers and thanks for your help

Mine seems to have started rattling on our recent trip to France. Seems to be related to the head rests, but will get the tools out and check every nut and bolt.

Update: It was the headrests rattling. I have to lift them until they click and the rattling stops. Means I have to put the headrests down to before converting to the bed. Bit of a pain as we very rarely have anyone in the back.

Last edited:
Back