RIB Altair seat too high

Dpiuk

Im after some advice on the floor. I have a RIB Altair 120 bed which I've positioned in the van to get an idea of space etc its currently sat on some old 9mm floor with 2 layers of insulation - Im about to buy a ply floor which id assumed 12mm is the normal thickness but have noticed the Chair is ridiculously high. Im 6ft my head touches ceiling and legs barely touch floor, poor design of what is a great quality bed/chair. Would it be ok to cut the ply so the chair is fixed directly to the floor? or for the sake of 12mm not worth the hassle. Id prefer to have this fitted and not do myself but have been unable to find anyone that doesn't require a wait of 12 months (Dorset)

We can help you, our waiting list is 11.9 months....;)

The RIB seats are high and weird shape. When we first started many moons ago I contacted RIB with similar questions regarding the shape for the seat, height etc. Essentially the shape is like that for regulations, certification and operation. The sat has to go above the wheel arch hence the height. The bum section is long so it kicks your legs out. Make sure you have a VW specific seat as it may be one for another van and is higher than VW.

I don’t think it’s worth the hassle setting into the floor for 12mm, extra head height.

Cheers,
Ian:thumbsup:

P.S we also do 1 piece ply floors CNC cut....

I “passed” on fitting a RIB due to the height. I felt like Humpty Dumpty sitting on it :think smile bounce::think smile bounce::think smile bounce:

We can help you, our waiting list is 11.9 months....;)

The RIB seats are high and weird shape. When we first started many moons ago I contacted RIB with similar questions regarding the shape for the seat, height etc. Essentially the shape is like that for regulations, certification and operation. The sat has to go above the wheel arch hence the height. The bum section is long so it kicks your legs out. Make sure you have a VW specific seat as it may be one for another van and is higher than VW.

I don’t think it’s worth the hassle setting into the floor for 12mm, extra head height.

Cheers,
Ian:thumbsup:

P.S we also do 1 piece ply floors CNC cut....
11.9 have u had a cancellation

Back