RIB Bed Seat Foam Problem

Tiggy1955

I have a 112 RIB bed with standard VW Simora cloth.

I noticed a distinct ridge forming along the front edge of the main seat. I unzipped the cover to have a look what was happening and the photos attached show that the foam comes together along that edge and should be glued securely.

For some reason that glue has not held and the top part of the foam has moved and thus creating the ridge.

I’m going to get it re-glued together and as it happens I’m in the process of getting a leather upgrade.

Has anyone else ever come across this problem?

IMG_8036.jpeg

IMG_8038.jpeg

I too have the RIB 112CM seat and whilst in sleep mode, it started to become ever more uncomfortable on the offside at the top of the middle section (as can be seen in the photos).
This has gotten steadily worse over the past 6 months and we have to fill the gap with a rolled-up blanket.
I have not been able to take the seat cover off to see what's up as this is far from easy and I've been unable to find any info, photos, or video of how to remove the middle section seat cover.
Am now looking at getting a full leather seat upgrade and hopefully getting the RIB seat repaired.
The above said, we have done nothing for the foam to get like this so can only assume (without seeing it) that the foam has come unglued)?
If it has I'm not impressed with the RIB seat quality of manufacture.

Crushed foam 1.jpg

crushed foam 2.jpg

crushed foam 3.jpg

crushed foam 7.jpg

crushed foam 8.jpg

HI Tiggy I have never been 100% happy with the quality of my 120mm rib. The knee roll padding has sagged on the offside seat I need to investigate how did you unzip your cover the zip is sewn in with no zip tag. Regarding your padding I would try contact adhesive.

HI Tiggy I have never been 100% happy with the quality of my 120mm rib. The knee roll padding has sagged on the offside seat I need to investigate how did you unzip your cover the zip is sewn in with no zip tag. Regarding your padding I would try contact adhesive.
Hi,

The zip is just under the front (under your knees). It's called a continuous Zip as it does not have the usual stopper at the end. It should still have the zip catch though? If not you will have to open it manually. Beware, if you do unzip, it is very tricky to zip it backup!!! There is a technique to do it (plenty of YouTube vids available) but very tricky.

I had it glued back by an upholsterer but it came apart again but, as I was having the seats recovered with leather, I didn't bother and the trimmer who fitted the leather covers fixed it/reinforced it somehow and now perfect.

Needless to say, I don't plan to unzip it to check what he did!!

Good Luck.

Pete

Hi,

The zip is just under the front (under your knees). It's called a continuous Zip as it does not have the usual stopper at the end. It should still have the zip catch though? If not you will have to open it manually. Beware, if you do unzip, it is very tricky to zip it backup!!! There is a technique to do it (plenty of YouTube vids available) but very tricky.

I had it glued back by an upholsterer but it came apart again but, as I was having the seats recovered with leather, I didn't bother and the trimmer who fitted the leather covers fixed it/reinforced it somehow and now perfect.

Good Luck.

Pete
Thanks pete

Hi,

Good Luck.

Pete
I too had my seats reupholstered in leather where the foam that had become unstuck was repaired and reinforced.
As far as we can tell we believe the seats became unstuck as per the photos on my above post because my wife kneeled on the edge between the sections when making up the bed??
Needless to say, we are now very aware of the issue and make sure we never kneel between the seats when making and putting away the bedding.

Last edited:
Back