RIB 112 bed fouls wheel-arch

Jim_from_shoreham

I’ve started installing my rib bed today as a mock up so I can make sure everything fits with kitchen etc. The only prob
Em I have is that the 200mm sliding mechanism is too low for the wheel arch and the nuts holding the seat on fouls it so won’t slide properly. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Have you installed the ply floor? That’ll give you a little more clearance.

I shall be tackling this tomorrow so I'll see how I get on and update, I have read posts regarding manipulating the arch slightly to allow more clearance

Some beds require the wheel arch to be slightly tapped down to give the clearance needed. Couple of smacks with a suitable implement usually helps

I have the 130 fitted, exactly the same problem! Initially tapped the rear arch down, we used a pretty big socket on the inside of the arch as a guide to depress the arch for the two bolts on the underneath of the sliding mechanism. That worked, when we got to using it though it stopped sliding, you will find four bolts on each corner of the rails themselves, loosen them and then you can move it again we removed a ridge that was trapping it on full back. The only other bit to be aware of is, the seat belt connector strap did get caught underneath at a point, but if wiggling freed it off!

Why don’t they make them to fit the vw transporter then? Surely it’s not fit for purpose?
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Surely if the product is sold as compatible with a given vehicle it should fit that vehicle and work?! Or does it say somewhere in the small print "beating into your wheel arch with a hammer may be required to make our product compatible with your vehicle"?!

They are universal beds not specific to a transporter i’m afraid plus there’s are other variables like floor depth

The REIMO 333 seat is the same, if you want that to slide right to the back the wheel arch needs 'modifying' so don't plan to fit arch covers.

I dont suppose anyone has a picture of the flat section that needs to be applied? I’ll be picking up a rib and rails to fit in a week or so.

I dont suppose anyone has a picture of the flat section that needs to be applied? I’ll be picking up a rib and rails to fit in a week or so.
I’ve just had 130cm slider fitted in my T6.1 swb today 24/09/22 and the slider won’t slide due to bolts catching the wheel arch , will have to come out and put a slight indentation in the wheel arch to allow the bolts to miss the arch as the above thread says

Why not stick a couple of washers under the sliders to lift them a few mm to clear wheel arch?

Back