Revolution Ricos T6.1 2021 plate - electrical faults

Pidsley

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Thanks for reading. You'll see if you look at my post history that I've had various electrical issues since new. Latest one is baffling me. Revolution have gone bust, so have no way of getting wiring diagrams or advice from them direct.

The leisure battery (under the driver seat) is fully charged and tested.
There is no power going to the leisure equipment from the battery (i.e. fridge, lights etc.)
There is no recharge power reaching the battery from the running engine. Main engine starter battery is recharging perfectly.
There is no recharge power reaching the battery from the 240v mains when the van plugged into the house supply. (240v is working and all leisure systems working (apart form battery charging), when connected to 240v supply.

Any advise would be really helpful.

I attached some photos of the wiring and modules attached to the leisure battery. Could someone also help me identify what these are? Thank you so much.

There are two red cables going to the positive batt. terminal. The empty fuse here, does have a blue fuse installed. I removed it to check the contacts. made no difference when i puched the fuse back in,

20240112_151439.jpg

20240112_151411.jpg

What is the VW AG box. The yellow fuse also has a black fuse behind it, both fuses seems Ok to me,

20240112_151406.jpg

The module on the left is a control unit for your headlights. The one on the right could possibly be for your webasto. if there is no current flowing in either way then check the earth connection from your leisure battery to the body. Maybe post a pic

On our 2021 Ricos the fuses to the right of the headlamp module are for the heater as Deaky says.

Whilst Revolution has gone some of the team have set up on their own in Peterborough as Escape Campers and Andy Burgess is still active in the Revolution facebook owners group so you could try there.

Our original Numax leisure battery lasted just over a year and Martin at Wambam Campervan replaced the battery with a lithium set up as well as some other bits and pieces for us. It wasn't the first Revolution camper he'd seen so he has some familiarity with their wiring arrangements. I don't think he's too far away from you if you have no luck getting to the bottom of things.

The leisure battery (under the driver seat) is fully charged and tested.
There is no power going to the leisure equipment from the battery (i.e. fridge, lights etc.)
There is no recharge power reaching the battery from the running engine. Main engine starter battery is recharging perfectly.
There is no recharge power reaching the battery from the 240v mains when the van plugged into the house supply. (240v is working and all leisure systems working (apart form battery charging), when connected to 240v supply.
If none of your chargers are working then how is your battery fully charged?

How are you checking that each individual charger is working or not and the battery is fully charged - I don't disbelieve you but if we know the exact tests done it might give some more clues.

In particular how are the 12v leisure systems being supplied when your 240v EHU is connected?

Right now it sounds most likely the wiring was routed through one common fuse to the leisure battery terminal that has failed, but there are a few things that don't fit with that thought.

Back