Revo Air Filter ?

Hi team, fitted my panel filter by lifting up the air box but I can’t get my head round something.
Surely it fits in the grooves as per the old oem filter?

mine sits on top and moves slightly when I close the box?
Fitted many panel filters on many motors but wanted clarity on this one?

I remember reading in the past that oiled air filters can clog up the MAF.

If paper filters flow enough air for 500 odd horsepower factory cars, then I'm sure they can supply sufficient air for diesel van.
Exactly, no difference over a paper filter and a high flow filter on the van, most hi flow filters also let lots of crap through.

Exactly, no difference over a paper filter and a high flow filter on the van, most hi flow filters also let lots of crap through.
This is exactly why you are better off with a clean paper filter, unless it is a race engine that will get re-built often.

Reactions: DXX
I always try and use ITG panel filters. Never had any issues. The oiling is from when people over oil them.

Manufacturers are competing with fuel economy, I doubt that they would design a sub-optimal air box / filter as there is no cost benefit.
The surface area of the filter element is also calculated to deal with dirty environments that are not typical in the UK.
I suspect a vacuum gauge downstream on the air box would show minimal difference between VW OEM and ‘performance’ filters.

Back