Which Wagner Intercooler with Revo stage 2 + SPS + TVS?

roooms

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have a TSI 204 currently running closer to 300bhp. It has a Milltek exhaust already and I’m looking to go to a revo stage 2 tune with an intercooler and air filter upgrade, as recommended on the revo site. I’d also like to get the TVS update which looks compatible with stage 2. Would like the Revo SPS as well for map changes.

Eventually I’ll move to a different turbo eg TTE450 but that will come with a potential brake upgrade as well.

I see two Wagner intercoolers for the TSI, an Evo1 and Evo2. Can anyone recommend the best package?

I see @BognorMotors does most/all of this and I’m in Winchester, so that might be an option, but keen to hear anyone’s experience.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I’m also thinking the revo panel filter in OEM box. Is that considered a high flow intake by revo? I’d hope so. Want to avoid a completely different air filter setup for now if possible, unless someone can link me to a reputable alternative.

Just had the TVS update today and based on the limited amount of driving I’ve done so far, it’s a really nice improvement. Not surprised based on the very positive reviews on here.

After chatting with Simon at BMVS I decided to go Revo stage 1 only, as I’d need a high flow cat, new air filter and intercooler for the stage 2 tune. I hadn’t considered that the exhaust I have is just cat back and it sounds like the revo panel filter isn’t enough, so that was just a few too many changes need for the stage 2 benefits.

I’ll revisit the whole thing if I go for a TTE450, but at the moment I’m left wondering if it’s worth it without the 4motion. Traction is proving hard enough with the current map. Maybe I should just spend the cash on a suspension change and some interior improvements.

Thanks to the folks @BognorMotors today for a great experience. Had a test of their T6.1 with BMVS B14s and it’s a really nice ride.

So I went with an ITG panel filter and drilled the airbox, ITG are very good filters used by motorsport sections. I used one of thier panel filters on my 500bhp RS4 for years with no issues.
I also fitted the Evo1 intercooler, again I knew Wagner from Audi tuning and like there quality. Fair bit bigger than std. I got a Revo1 map and the guy doing it said the IAT's were nice a low. Stock turbo etc so wanted to keep everything nice and safe. Intercooler sticks below bumper bar as well. Oh and some Forge boost hoses as well.

IMG_20201117_145426.thumb.jpg.4ba8ee85f019bc63f750846015155442.jpg

IMG_20201117_145337.thumb.jpg.a5688bf2f592ec74867c7f934ccb9cb3.jpg

So I went with an ITG panel filter and drilled the airbox, ITG are very good filters used by motorsport sections. I used one of thier panel filters on my 500bhp RS4 for years with no issues.
I also fitted the Evo1 intercooler, again I knew Wagner from Audi tuning and like there quality. Fair bit bigger than std. I got a Revo1 map and the guy doing it said the IAT's were nice a low. Stock turbo etc so wanted to keep everything nice and safe. Intercooler sticks below bumper bar as well. Oh and some Forge boost hoses as well.

View attachment 180556

View attachment 180557
Thanks for sharing that detail @coullstar !

By installing a bigger intercooler is is physically blocking more of the AC condenser and the engine coolant radiator plus dissapating more heat into the air flow with increased engine performance.
What’s the effect on the AC and engine cooling?

Just had the TVS update today and based on the limited amount of driving I’ve done so far, it’s a really nice improvement. Not surprised based on the very positive reviews on here.

After chatting with Simon at BMVS I decided to go Revo stage 1 only, as I’d need a high flow cat, new air filter and intercooler for the stage 2 tune. I hadn’t considered that the exhaust I have is just cat back and it sounds like the revo panel filter isn’t enough, so that was just a few too many changes need for the stage 2 benefits.

I’ll revisit the whole thing if I go for a TTE450, but at the moment I’m left wondering if it’s worth it without the 4motion. Traction is proving hard enough with the current map. Maybe I should just spend the cash on a suspension change and some interior improvements.

Thanks to the folks @BognorMotors today for a great experience. Had a test of their T6.1 with BMVS B14s and it’s a really nice ride.
Glad you are pleased with the result and the guys looked after you well

Just a note, our T6.1 demo has the new BMVS Edition Coilovers by Bilstein, not the B14’s . They are awesome though aren’t they.

Glad you are pleased with the result and the guys looked after you well

Just a note, our T6.1 demo has the new BMVS Edition Coilovers by Bilstein, not the B14’s . They are awesome though aren’t they.

Ah that’s what I meant, BMVS Bilsteins not BMVS B14s. Yes I was impressed with the ride.

Back