Review: DAV-TEC

And that is the difference…it is all about service and aftersales, not selling price point! My only quibble is that he is so far away from me
Nice trip up norf, get Chris to fettle the van and then collect my Boardman.....sorted

Reactions: JOG
Really appreciate the feedback @Creamytash I try my best to keep the customer happy, on the basis it's the right thing to do and I'm sick to death of recieving shit customer service. I'm not saying we get it right everytime but we try.

@JOG Derbyshire has some lovely places to stay over in the spring/summer .

Nice trip up norf, get Chris to fettle the van and then collect my Boardman.....sorted
Ha ha ha! Like your thinking!

Really appreciate the feedback @Creamytash I try my best to keep the customer happy, on the basis it's the right thing to do and I'm sick to death of recieving shit customer service. I'm not saying we get it right everytime but we try.

@JOG Derbyshire has some lovely places to stay over in the spring/summer .
I wouldn’t knock that idea! I reckon you’d get everything done that I’d fancy in a day….better still, @Sackmycook has offered to put me up and send me on my way after a hearty breakfast fry-up the next day!!!

I wouldn’t knock that idea! I reckon you’d get everything done that I’d fancy in a day….better still, @Sackmycook has offered to put me up and send me on my way after a hearty breakfast fry-up the next day!!!
Bloody hell can't say fairer than that. What you got in mind

Bloody hell can't say fairer than that. What you got in mind
Actually, that’s where it gets interesting….

Firstly, fix some of my yet-to-be-performed electrical cock-ups

Then, a couple of electronic config tweaks: big Speedo, teardrop wipe etc

A couple of usb chargers in the rear

Easy stuff….but my list could grow!!!

Yeah get that done no worries buddy

I'm in the process of trying to put a t6 converted for a disabled driver back to standard. After ripping out numerous mods and miles of wiring, the poor girl wouldn't crank. Lots of great help and advice from the forum, but we got to the point where a skilled person was needed! Dav-tec was recommended on the forum and Chris was most obliging in jiggling his diary to fit me in at very short notice in his busy schedule. He arrived exactly at the time promised and within a very short time had diagnosed the root cause of the problem, and shortly afterwards fixed the offending faulty connection.
I can't praise him highly enough - many thanks Chris and I'm sure I'll see you again soon

No worries fella. Thanks for the great feedback.

Big thanks to Chris at Dav-Tec for sorting my App connect, nav update and a couple of other jobs. Very knowledgable guy and no doubt I will become a "regular" ;). Just trying (but failing) to convince myself that I don't need a remap but 250bhp is sooooo tempting:oops:
Thanks again Chris
Paul:thumbsup:

Big thanks to Chris at Dav-Tec for sorting my App connect, nav update and a couple of other jobs. Very knowledgable guy and no doubt I will become a "regular" ;). Just trying (but failing) to convince myself that I don't need a remap but 250bhp is sooooo tempting:oops:
Thanks again Chris
Paul:thumbsup:
No problem mate. Nice to meet you think of all that torque

Spent the day with Chris @Dav-Tec whilst he wrestled with the problems associated with fitting a reversing cam to the barn door of my campervan conversion with very limited access from the door to the head unit.
Chris also moved the data usb into the glovebox so I can hide the wireless CarPlay gizmo and fitted a standard one in its place.
Great guy, great service and interesting conversation. Well worth braving storm Gladys Emmanuel for the trip but that’s another story.
Thanks Chris

Spent the day with Chris @Dav-Tec whilst he wrestled with the problems associated with fitting a reversing cam to the barn door of my campervan conversion with very limited access from the door to the head unit.
Chris also moved the data usb into the glovebox so I can hide the wireless CarPlay gizmo and fitted a standard one in its place.
Great guy, great service and interesting conversation. Well worth braving storm Gladys Emmanuel for the trip but that’s another story.
Thanks Chris
Nice to meet you Mike. Glad you got back safe.

Having seen the recommendations on t6forum we got Chris @Dav-Tec to fit a reversing camera and a Meta Trak tracker/immobiliser on our T6.1. He's very professional and helpful, and goes out of his way to provide great customer service. There was an issue with the Meta Trak (which was down to the manufacturer, not the installer), so he went back out the following day (an hour's drive) to sort out the problem. All the time he kept me informed with what was happening.

Great to deal with someone who takes such pride in his work.

Having seen the recommendations on t6forum we got Chris @Dav-Tec to fit a reversing camera and a Meta Trak tracker/immobiliser on our T6.1. He's very professional and helpful, and goes out of his way to provide great customer service. There was an issue with the Meta Trak (which was down to the manufacturer, not the installer), so he went back out the following day (an hour's drive) to sort out the problem. All the time he kept me informed with what was happening.

Great to deal with someone who takes such pride in his work.
Thanks Mike, appreciate the recognition. Happy camping buddy

Big thanks a to Chris @Dav-Tec for the activation of app connect and voice activation plus other updates
Great knowledge of vws and great friendly service and a good price
Will use again
Thanks Chris for all your help

Big thanks a to Chris @Dav-Tec for the activation of app connect and voice activation plus other updates
Great knowledge of vws and great friendly service and a good price
Will use again
Thanks Chris for all your help
Cheers buddy nice to meet you!

Spent the whole day yesterday with Chris @Dav-Tec having a couple of Meta-Trak systems fitted and cannot recommend him highly enough. If you're looking for security systems, dash cams, anything really then you won't go far wrong with Chris. His customer care is second to none and we were so impressed that we're having another Meta-Trak fitted to my work vehicle, not to mention a dash cam or two, budget allowing. Thanks Chris !

Great to meet you both, really was an enjoyable install. See you soon and thanks for the review!

Back