Reversing camera retrofit (OEM)

No there a wire loop that gets cut and yes it's the same pins as the other RVC systems like discover media etc
Brilliant, sounds ideal. :thumbsup:

What sort of cost would you anticipate for just supply of the RVC?

Hello could you give me the name of your site please
The web shop currently is turned off as my brother is still building it .

Give me a call 07823449588 I can take payment via PayPal or Bank Transfer which ever you prefer buddy

Hi all, looking into options of reversing cameras and what the options are, I have a panel van with abt kit what I’m just having re done so wanting something I can see with a camera so I don’t knock it off again, I have the touch dab stereo with 3 buttons either side, can a camera be attached to this or is it easier to change to something else please, all info greatly appreciated :)
Oh and HAPPY CRIMBO

Hi all, looking into options of reversing cameras and what the options are, I have a panel van with abt kit what I’m just having re done so wanting something I can see with a camera so I don’t knock it off again, I have the touch dab stereo with 3 buttons either side, can a camera be attached to this or is it easier to change to something else please, all info greatly appreciated :)
Oh and HAPPY CRIMBO
Have a go with the search function, there are a lot of threads that cover what can be done.

With the radio head unit you’ve got you need an expensive interface (£300 ish) to plug a camera in, on top of the camera cost. Your cheapest option is to put a secondary dedicated screen/display in. The best option is to swap out that head unit for one that takes a camera, lots of people go for a Kenwood 8019 DABS at about £700 but availability is a nightmare at the moment.

Oh and HAPPY CRIMBO
You can install a camera to that headunit, but it’s not a cheap option I’m afraid as it requires a strip down of the headunit and install a pcb .

drop us a pm if you like and I can discuss options…:thumbsup:

Hi,

Looking to get a reverse camera retrofitted to the van I just bought.

Its a LWB T6 Factory Kombi with F&R PDC and discovery Nav.

I've just ben told it does not have the right hardware and will need some kind of interface to be fitted. First I heard of that through all my online research including here where I see no mention of this.

My inplerssion was it wasplug and play (and a wee bit of coding/adapting).

Can anyone confirm the truth?

Many thanks

More Info here ...

Discover media will accept camera assuming we are talking about retrofitting a genuine camera then it just needs to be connected and coded

Aftermarket will have different wiring/connectors and wouldn’t be a direct connection to headunit as they generally come with the yellow rca plug connector for the video signal

Aftermarket will have different wiring/connectors and wouldn’t be a direct connection to headunit as they generally come with the yellow rca plug connector for the video signal
Ah yes maybe that’s where he was going with it. I’m not sure if the newer aftermarket ones will have a better picture and integrate with the PCD overlay as per OEM. He’s going to send me pictures. The price does seem good though. About £500 fitted.

More Info here ...

Yes I found your repository of how to’s. Such an excellent resource, nice work. TBH if I decided to just do it myself it would be my go-to guide.

Ah yes maybe that’s where he was going with it. I’m not sure if the newer aftermarket ones will have a better picture and integrate with the PCD overlay as per OEM. He’s going to send me pictures. The price does seem good though. About £500 fitted.
We charge around that for a genuine , a aftermarket camera should be a lot cheaper installed

i have a 2016 T6 the radio is i the van since new. i am thinking of installing a reversing camera on the number plate. is it possible to find a camera that is compatible with the radio or do i have to but a new radio system. or install a separate monitor for the camera.

i have a 2016 T6 the radio is i the van since new. i am thinking of installing a reversing camera on the number plate. is it possible to find a camera that is compatible with the radio or do i have to but a new radio system. or install a separate monitor for the camera.
I think it depends on which radio you have, post a picture and someone will be along to advise

Back