Reverse Camera Mount

Gareth1

Hi
Does anybody have any photos of their reverse camera installed on their T6? I have a T6 and would rather not cut the vehicle to install. Looking for a decent number plate light mounted one. Any pics / specs appreciated

You at least have to drill holes for cables, even if you had a number plate mounting one. I'd cut a bigger hole, and go to the effort and fit an OEM. Available from the Forum shop. :)

The OEM head unit also seems to do some video processsing on the OEM camera. The OEM camera has a fish eye lens, and gives a fish eye output. The OEM head unit flattens this. Not sure how a 3rd party camera with a regular lens would look on the OEM display.

You at least have to drill holes for cables, even if you had a number plate mounting one. I'd cut a bigger hole, and go to the effort and fit an OEM. Available from the Forum shop. :)

The OEM head unit also seems to do some video processsing on the OEM camera. The OEM camera has a fish eye lens, and gives a fish eye output. The OEM head unit flattens this. Not sure how a 3rd party camera with a regular lens would look on the OEM display.

Thanks. I have a Pioneer head unit so an aftermarket one is an option. Didn't really want to cut the the tailgate however it my be the only option available. I'll take a look at the Forum shop for options. Thanks

have a blackvue camera in van dr 650 2ch rear camera can double up as a reversing camera by adding a rearview kit mounted on top of window good view during day not so good at night already had camera fitted so only had to buy rearview kit

have a blackvue camera in van dr 650 2ch rear camera can double up as a reversing camera by adding a rearview kit mounted on top of window good view during day not so good at night already had camera fitted so only had to buy rearview kit

Thanks.. I'll take a look at them.

sorry for late answer...you made a great job...WOW. The camera fit perfect in your T6. Great job mate. The camera that the dealer installed on my T6 multivan is Keenvod, I am not satysy for the result!!!
According with your instruction, they did not plugged the wire for the static lines, moreover from the aesthetic point of view, the result is horrible.
look here.

thank you for the support...and if you have any ideas how I can fix this please let me know.

thank you and best regards

20191109_124201.jpg

Back