Reversing Camera - wiring harness route

messer

I’ve just bought a reverse camera to fit to my barn doors.

I have found a route to get from front to rear of the van up in the roof, and it comes out in the harness grommets above the rear door on the near side.

From there though, I can’t for the life of me
Find a route to get it down the rear post to exit inside the rubber sheath to get to the rear door.

And inside the converter just carpeted it all rather than panel it, so I can’t remove an interior panel to run the wire inside the rear qtr.

Any ideas on a decent route?

It’s a camper too, so has units down the offside.

I fitted a wireless one with separate screen to save all that bother for my barn doors, especially as I needed a rear view camera not just a reversing camera.

have a look at this:

Cheers that’s pretty much exactly what I was trying to do, but I can’t for the life of me get a route to go up the rear void in to the area accessible via the large grommet.

There is some kid of plastic structure in the way with bonding - I think it may be for the pop top or something?

I've just added cable routes to that thread . . .

1641144548302.png

1641144529717.png

Thanks, that is exactly as I was trying to do. Just some kind of big plastic fixing in the way right up in the top corner

It was a cheapo one from China via Ebay - I have just been to look at it but can't see any name, it is most probably on the back of the screen that I can't access now as it is fixed in position.

Mine was only around £40 if my memory serves me well.
That one on Amazon isn't wireless as far as I can tell.

I fitted a wireless one with separate screen to save all that bother for my barn doors, especially as I needed a rear view camera not just a reversing camera.
This is what I’m looking at doing but I’m intrigued to know how good it is as it has to be offset and not central, how do you find it?

Oh ok fair enough good to know any change you have any pictures of what one you have and how it’s fitted would be much appreciated.

The make is on the back of the screen which I can't get at, it was just a mid-priced one from Ebay. I just made a bracket for the camera and fastened it to the window inside. You can take an ignition live from the rear wiper to power it.

So after having the van carpeted out we have decided to fit a dash cam front and rear.
Skyline pop top fitted. And fully carpeted out.

So what is the best cable route. Was trying to go along passenger side from A pillar to rear door, then use the tailgate rubber sleeve to get to the rear window.

But getting the cable through the gap at the B pillar is proving a lot of a problem.

Any help appreciated. Ta

So after having the van carpeted out we have decided to fit a dash cam front and rear.
Skyline pop top fitted. And fully carpeted out.

So what is the best cable route. Was trying to go along passenger side from A pillar to rear door, then use the tailgate rubber sleeve to get to the rear window.

But getting the cable through the gap at the B pillar is proving a lot of a problem.

Any help appreciated. Ta
I went on the driver's side. Tucked the wire behind the units and fed across the top of the B Piller up around and along the front of the front cabin trim to the centre

I went on the driver's side. Tucked the wire behind the units and fed across the top of the B Piller up around and along the front of the front cabin trim to the centre
Maybe a good idea to change the routing to that side and run in or behind the units

Back