Best route for rear camera cable in fully converted van ?

The Flying Scotsman

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve had a search and can’t find any info on the best route in a van that’s fully converted with the kitchen, high kitchen units and pop top.
I’d rather get some advice before I start removing panels etc.
I don’t know whether to go up or down with it.
It’s a LWB with barn doors.
Anyone done this with a similar set up ?

IMG_5435.jpegIMG_5002.jpeg

If it's just for reversing visibility might be worth trying a cheap wireless kit from eBay to test if you need to wire front to back at all?

Obviously not as useful if you're fitting a rear dash cam...

If it's just for reversing visibility might be worth trying a cheap wireless kit from eBay to test if you need to wire front to back at all?

Obviously not as useful if you're fitting a rear dash cam...
Thanks. I’ve already bought the pioneer camera to go with the new pioneer head unit

I had a similar issue albeit with a dash cam and a SWB tailgate van (I got the reversing cam fitted with the conversion). I decided as it was coming from the rear view mirror area to keep it high and went inside the roof lining in the front to b pillar to the high level cabinets above the sink. Then out the back at the top and into the tailgate.

Yours is coming from the dash I guess so is going down along the central channel to the drivers seat, b pillar, into the kitchen cabinets through them and out the back best?
I couldn’t get access inside the NSR panel but if you can then you can go all down the near side quite easily (under steps etc) then I guess this would come out near the near side rear door so it could be fitted in the number plate holder.

Thanks for your replies guys. I’m taking my van up to my pals today who’s got a big cracking garage and we’re going to fit my new headlights, bonnet and bumper DRLs and a fog light kit.
So will have a good look today to see what the best route is going to be.

Back