Retrofitting Tailgate Handle and Switch

I see, thanks @mmi, I guess there is no way to bypass the resistor in the switch is there?.....

I see, thanks @mmi, I guess there is no way to bypass the resistor in the switch is there?.....
From outside of the switch - like using other pins than 1 and 4, no there was no other combination available.

I'm not sure if you could disassemble the switch and see if could short circuit the resistor. Some switches in Transporters you can actually quite easily disassemble, at least driving/fog/parking light switch on T5 was one of those.

Brilliant...great thought.....I have just split the switch into pieces....in the bluey area I am going to solder something where the red is, using the multi meter again, I have found that by doing this bypasses the resistor (little black thing in the bluey area) and the switch acts like a switch......Should have a fully working switch by tomorrow.

Inked2018-06-03 19.15.51_LI.jpg

Thank you for your ideas and patience ;)

Reactions: mmi
Just cut out the resistor and solder a wire over the gap or stick a blob of solder right over the resistor so it’s touching both ends ??

Excellent, removed the tiny resistor (little black bit to the left of the switch) soldered a line of solder where the fuse was and now the switch works perfectly. Now to install it as OEM. Thanks for your help guys.
2018-06-06 18.17.21.jpg

Back