Retrofit Rear Camera BCM Live

Buzznitro

T6 Pro
Hi guys been reading and I have bought a fleabay 360 degree camera kit, more on that later, I have read that @Pauly has quoted saying reverse live from BCM can anyone advise me on how to choose connection from BCM please.

Hi guys been reading and I have bought a fleabay 360 degree camera kit, more on that later, I have read that @Pauly has quoted saying reverse live from BCM can anyone advise me on how to choose connection from BCM please.
My experiences with it here
360 camera

Green/black iirc. I took mine from behind the passenger B pillar trim

Thanks @andys yes it was your thread that inspired me to get on with it. But I did read on other retro fit cameras, that they suffered with voltage fluctuations, was you ok with your install? Thanks

Thanks @andys yes it was your thread that inspired me to get on with it. But I did read on other retro fit cameras, that they suffered with voltage fluctuations, was you ok with your install? Thanks
The voltage fluctuations that people talk about are where they are actually trying to power the camera from that green/black BCM feed. Use it as a trigger only (or to activate a relay for a simple reversing camera) and there are no problems. Mine has worked great since I fitted it and can be very useful for squeezing into tight wild camping spots. The one setback I’ve faced just recently was that I’ve upgraded my base stereo to a Chinese market rcd330 with CarPlay that unfortunately doesn’t have a way of displaying the camera screen when not in reverse. I haven’t been able to find a workaround for this, so I’ve made a splitter pigtail for the video feed so that I use it as a reversing camera in everyday use, with the “temporary “ monitor still active under the top lid ready to be flipped up if needed.

Interested to see how you get on with it, and whether there have been any changes to how it works since I got mine.

Thanks @andys I’m going to use a stand alone tft mini monitor which I’m looking at ATM, so as you know the “box” that does all the bits and bobs powers the camera’s without triggers on so I assume that once the triggers are connected to the black green reverse wire it will engage the reverse picture without problems, is this right. Thanks

Thanks @andys I’m going to use a stand alone tft mini monitor which I’m looking at ATM, so as you know the “box” that does all the bits and bobs powers the camera’s without triggers on so I assume that once the triggers are connected to the black green reverse wire it will engage the reverse picture without problems, is this right. Thanks
Yes that's correct :thumbsup: It's just one wire from the box connected to that green/black

Last edited:
Back