[Resolved] Reverse lights not working.

Jaz

Can someone please advise me, my reverse lights have suddenly stopped working.

The bulbs are all fine. I can’t seem to locate the fuse location on any of the downloadable documents, could someone point me in the right direction please?

Also, if it isn’t the fuse. Does anyone have an idea what it might be? Reverse switch?

T6 T28 66 plate startline (if any of that makes a difference) Cheers

Last edited:
Dsg or manual?
Standard bulbs on rear or led?
Played about with the connection under the passenger seat?
Does the dash clocks show the correct gear?

Try and BCM reset.....

Dsg or manual?
Standard bulbs on rear or led?
Played about with the connection under the passenger seat?
Does the dash clocks show the correct gear?

Try and BCM reset.....

Manual gearbox, not touched the electrics whatsoever however we have had a new clutch and DMF fitted a few weeks back and when it came back the clock (time) was wrong (not sure if that’s relevant but worth mentioning), standard lights all round and yes correct gear is displayed on dash.

Will try the reset tomorrow thank you

Well..

The clutch and dmf is a gearbox out job.....

And the reverse switch is normally in the gearbox...(tbc)

So I'm wondering in the reverse sensor has been left unplugged?...or come loose.

Had you noticed it working after the clutch job?

Might be worth popping back past the garage and asking them to take a quick look.

Main dealer or indy garage?

Well..

The clutch and dmf is a gearbox out job.....

And the reverse switch is normally in the gearbox...(tbc)

So I'm wondering in the reverse sensor has been left unplugged?...or come loose.

Had you noticed it working after the clutch job?

Might be worth popping back past the garage and asking them to take a quick look.

Main dealer or indy garage?

Ahh that may be it then thank you, I will contact the garage if I have no luck with the reset. DMF was done under warranty by the garage I bought it from and I think it was done by a vw approved garage. It is no longer under warranty unfortunately.

Do you know if there’s a specific fuse I can
check? To rule it out. I have access to the downloads on here but can’t find the fuse anywhere on them (may be looking in the wrong place)

Thanks for your replies

Update for anyone searching in the future.... there’s no fuse for the reverse lights, they are run on a body control unit. It needed an auto electrician to plug in his computer & sort it in the end.

Update for anyone searching in the future.... there’s no fuse for the reverse lights, they are run on a body control unit. It needed an auto electrician to plug in his computer & sort it in the end.
Do you know what the auto electrician did on his computer? I'm looking at hiring the forum vcds, so hoping that plugged in will be able to reactivate it.

It will most likely be clearing the related faults codes stored in memory.

That will reset rhe module for the retest.

For some reason the reverse light bulb isn't monitored like the rest of the bulbs. Thats why you can fit a LED bulb and it doesn't cause issues like if you was to fit an LED in other positions.

IGN key cycles and disconnectng the starter battery can also clear history codes.

Finally got around to trying it. The ecu reset worked as I've lost the electric window 1 touch. But the reverse lights and parking sensors display still don't work

Update for anyone searching: Auto electrician plugged in VCDS found that the van had been programmed with a dsg gearbox! Changed it back to manual and the reverse lights and sensors now work when put in reverse gear.

Back