Reverse lights not working

mel9703

VIP Member
Hi all

Looking for some advice. Got no reverse lights. Took cable off reverse switch today and shorted which turned reverse lights on, so electrically all ok from cable back. Replaced reverse switch and with new switch on I depressed plunger and lights worked as they should, but when switch is back on gearbox and reverse selected still no lights. Tried with and without washer on switch with no joy. Anyone had a similar experience?

Chucking an idea in: Have you got a aftermarket reversing camera or other device triggered by the green/black reverse cable?

Is it worth disconnecting the sensors from the cable just to see if it’s interfering? Rule it out?

The only reason I don't feel it is this, is when I press the switch when it's out, the lights come on and stay on with every press. It's almost like whatever in the gearbox presses the button is no longer making full contact. I will pull the fuse for the sensors to confirm

I see. Maybe worth a trial if it’s as easy as a fuse pull. Other than that I can’t help you. the big guns will I’m sure.

Back