Resolved: Possible Faulty rain sensor?

Scott1976

Hi,

I am new on here and new to T6 ownership. I have just purchased a pre reg 69 reg Kombi Highline, which appears to have an issue with the windscreen wipers. Hopefully someone can help? Dealers are useless.

When the windscreen wiper stalk is in the off position mine is still switched on. So I have the stalk at off with ignition on and put some water over the rain sensor and the wipers start. I have never had this in any other car with a rain sensor, they have all been off when at off. Is this correct, should this happen? Just seems to me the stalk is not switching off the circuit, all the other wiper stalk positions work as it should.

I am hoping it is a software issue because I cannot stand the thought of a dealer striping out the steering column.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mine is a 17 plate and when they are off they are off!
However, The sensitivity does seem to vary significantly when they are set to auto ‘rain sensing’

The rain sensor, switch and motor are a run through the BCM...

Stalk down.. off
Stalk level (up one,,) on auto.
Then
Up 2 manual.
Up 3 manual.

Are u saying that when the stalk is full down the wipers are still running on auto mode?

If so, I'm thinking BCM reset first, then check the stalk position switching.

Yes, they will still operate when stalk down.. off. When I have the stalk in the off position (the position below intermittent) the rain sensor is still active. So, if I turn on the ignition with the stalk in this off position and poor water over the sensor the wipers will operate. Basically I cannot turn them off, if the ignition is on they will come on if the sensor senses water.
How do I reset the BCM?

cheers

Can you post a few pics of the stalk position referenced to the wheel and clocks.?.

On the BCM point, I know the battery had been disconnected whilst in storage at the dealer and I noticed today the negative connection had not been tightened when it was moved from storage for me to collect. So much for PDI etc. So probably bad connection for about a week. Pics attached

16621D30-4815-4F23-A98C-FC1ED45B7921.jpeg

93C83C81-D9CF-4B94-812E-BBE4EBB86217.jpeg

try the reset and let us know.>>>>

FYI:

position Switch & RLS inputs to BCM,

Wiper motor output from BCM

1592205998945.png

1592206211068.png

Another BCM reset sorts out the Gremlins........ =)

On my phone at the moment so those pics are a bit small but is there any way to disable the auto wipe when using the wash function? Maybe cutting a link or something (or taking the bcm out of the equation altogether and bypassing it to go direct from switch to screenwash motor)

Back