RESOLVED: EGR Replaced - No Cruise Control And Weird Display Readings

Noobydooby

Hi Guys

Got a problem.
Im selling my T6 (2016 - 102 T28 with 57000k) and had a diagnostic done showing:

P040100 - EGR flow insufficient

Had a totally new EGR, engine flush, oil change and service - Then it showed

P144000 - EGR Vaccuum regulator solenoid valve open circuit
P040500 EG Recirculat. Sensor A Circuit low.

Codes were cleared and parameters were reset and the engine light is now off and there are no error codes.....so far.

Only remaining issues are:
1) Cruise control no longer working (don't actually know if it was working before, never used it)
2) Display readings are wild - for example I'm getting mpg readings between 8 mpg and 200 mpg changing rapidly as im driving.
3) Display seems to have gone crazy with its readings generally - fuel ok, oil temp ok, trip computer ok.

What are my variables?
1) Had 20" wheels put on.
2) New EGR valve.

Can anyone help me with this? I cant afford to throw much more money at it and id like it right for the customer.

Thanks.

Hi Guys

Got a problem.
Im selling my T6 (2016 - 102 T28 with 57000k) and had a diagnostic done showing:

Codes were cleared and parameters were reset and the engine light is now off and there are no error codes.....so far.

1) Cruise control no longer working (don't actually know if it was working before, never used it)
2) Display readings are wild - for example I'm getting mpg readings between 8 mpg and 200 mpg changing rapidly as im driving.
3) Display seems to have gone crazy with its readings generally - fuel ok, oil temp ok, trip computer ok.

What are my variables?
2) New EGR valve.

Can anyone help me with this? I cant afford to throw much more money at it and id like it right for the customer.

Thanks.
Mpg set to instantaneous instead of average

Hi Guys

Got a problem.

What are my variables?
2) New EGR valve.

Thanks.
If it’s cruise that works off the stalk, check the switch hasn’t been turned to ‘off’.

Did the battery get disconnected when the work was done ?
Check that everything was re-connected properly including earth connections.

Pete

Those initial faults were probably cause by the row of valves above the engine being disconnected.

I would also check the one touch windows are still working.

well the chap plugged back in and reset - also reset parameters to a new egr - everything seems ok at the moment.
My background is classic minis - so the VWT6 Thing is a new world.
Thanks for your patience guys.

Back