199PS endless engine problems

dave12

Hi
Got a 67plate highline combi 4 motion 199 engine converted to a camper. 63000 miles
2021 was burning a bit of extra oil for a while until the engine light came on so egr was replaced march 2023 (clutch and fly too). this delay of action and continued driving and topping up was when a family member owned it.
kept burning oil but not as much, one vw dealer told me it was normal for these to do that before a service, to then phone me an hour later to say it has an oil leak, got the flange replaced at the base of the engine and the timing belt as they were in there in august.
Have had to top the oil up once since then only done at most 1000 miles, didnt put much in and hasnt come back on.
Then the other day engine light came on, read the codes got 4 cleared them did a test drive and didnt come back on.

codes were:
p040100 egr flow, insufficeint detected
p011300, air intake sensor current high
p010500, manifolt absolut pressure/barometric pressure
p012100. throttle/pedal pos sensor a circuit.

Anyone had anything similar happen getting all these codes at once?

And more generally is this all signs of the engine being close to the point of blowing up and needing replaced, and should I just sell it (trade it in so at least vw will sell it on with a warranty and if it blows up on someone its there problem)

Any and all help appreciated

did you get any further with this?
No cleared them and they never came back but the engine light has come on twice since with a egr code. once it disappeared by itself and the most recent time I cleared it. all a bit strange and constantly thinking I should get rid of it, but its a great vehicle and lwb 4motions are hard to find

Back