Resistors for LED indicator bulbs

Earl

Evening all.

I want to replace the indicator bulbs with LED ones.
The more I look at whats available the more my head hurts!
Could someone recommend ones that won't throw up errors?
I have LED front and rear lights.

Thanks

Evening all,

I've added some led indicator bulbs to my T6 H4 headlights and I'm getting the hyper flash. I've coded out the error (modules 9, bite 19, bit 4 for anyone that needs it) so I need to add ad resistor. Does anyone know which are the wires for the indicators and what the difference in the earth's is?

I'm looking for some OEM LED units if anyones is selling any? Pics of the headlight harness below

20191111_201037_zpszhmokxux.jpg

20191111_201056_zpspz4o7xur.jpg

After a bit more investigation I think plug 9 may be the front indicator. Green/black (offside) and black/white near side.

I'm guessing that that plug 3 and 5 are standard earth's

After a bit more investigation I think plug 9 may be the front indicator. Green/black (offside) and black/white near side.

I'm guessing that that plug 3 and 5 are standard earth's
If it's a brown wire then it's an earth.

Is disabling the bulb monitoring an option for indicators as well? The warning lamp is coming on intermittently when the LH indicator is used. Resets and clears with ignition off/on. Don’t know which lamp it as as all are now LED. If so can this be achieved using OBD11 or is VCDS the only way to do this?

Is disabling the bulb monitoring an option for indicators as well? The warning lamp is coming on intermittently when the LH indicator is used. Resets and clears with ignition off/on. Don’t know which lamp it as as all are now LED. If so can this be achieved using OBD11 or is VCDS the only way to do this?
Byte 19, bit 4. OBD11 can twiddle all the same bits as VCDS.

Ok, thanks. Don’t have either at the moment but have been looking at OBD11 today. For my use can’t quite justify double the cost for VCDS even though it appears to be the better of the 2.

Reactions: mmi
I have now fitted my new T6.1 rears and coded out the lamp warning so I have started looking into adaptions to code out the hyper-flash of the repeaters on the Instruments.
@mmi have you found any adaptions to suit?

I found this interesting post which helps with the german; LED Lights coding on non LED equipped vehicles | OBDeleven

I'm going to have a play at lunchtime and see what we have to play with.

If all else fails I'll do resistors, but hoping not to (unless I add a resistor to a small plug and socket loom, or do it under the drivers seat)

Not much luck, too many undocumented adaption channels and it looks like the lighting is set in the elusive byte 18!
I have email ross-tech for anything they have.

Not much luck, too many undocumented adaption channels and it looks like the lighting is set in the elusive byte 18!
I have email ross-tech for anything they have.
It appears that Byte 18 Bit 3 and 4 are related to indicator lights.
Are you okay to try all 4 possibilities?

Dana Came back from ross-tech;
I'm not aware of adaptations that would tweak the turn signals,
and that may be part of (nasty) Byte 18 coding scheme instead, but I
attached the German 7E0-937-BCM-V1.clb information we have if you'd like
to go through it.

Drop the attached 7E0-937-BCM-V1.clb file into this folder:

C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Labels\User

After doing so, the next time you connect to address 09 the German text
label file will load. In order to switch back to the native English
file, simply move that file from the User folder into another location
on that PC (such as a sub-folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Labels\User\DE PQ25
BCM) so the one in Labels loads by default.

Best Regards,
Dana

Attachments

• 7E0-937-BCM-V1.clb
    63.5 KB · Views: 34
Wow! This is all starting to sound very complicated! I’ve ordered OBD11 and am awaiting delivery, not sure I should have bothered now :thumbsdown:! From what you have said above, even coding out the bulb monitoring will still leave the ‘hyper-flash’ active, so basically no gain? The indicator fault has only occurred a couple of times so far (van not used daily) and I’ve not been able to check what happens with the indicators to see if one has failed. A quick reset with the ignition has got things working again. Do the indicators start flashing faster as well when the dash indicator flashes faster?

No it’s only on the dash, the external lights appear fine and flash at the proper rate

It appears that Byte 18 Bit 3 and 4 are related to indicator lights.
Are you okay to try all 4 possibilities?
The problem is, you don’t actually know what the coding is as the 00 bit setting is a mask of the actual value and if I change it and then it goes wrong, I won’t be able to set it back.

The problem is, you don’t actually know what the coding is as the 00 bit setting is a mask of the actual value and if I change it and then it goes wrong, I won’t be able to set it back.
I am not trying to encourage you to do something you don't want to do.:)
Although I don't understand your reasoning, I fully respect it.
And you are correct, there is no actual coding for a MQB LED tail lights on a PQ25 vehicle.
I don't have these light so I can't test it myself and that is why I am just trying to help to work it out.;)

Byte 18 - Bit 4/3 Indicator coding

00 = 21/21/5 W
01 = 21/27/5 W
10 = 21/16/5 W
11 = 27/27/5 W

I don't think LC has the answer. There maybe an answer in the EEPROM

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me resolve my hyperflash of my indicators on my dash after swapping to Osram LED Retrofit PY21W front and back - see LEDriving PREMIUM SL PY21W | OSRAM Automotive. I fitted these with the Osram 21W resistors but still got hyperflash on the dash LED CANBUS CONTROL UNIT | OSRAM Automotive. I've also swapped my side repeaters for these T5 T5.1 & Caddy Light Bar LED Side Repeaters

I've seen a post on here about using these panel resistors but I'm not sure which resistance/wattage I'll need to solve the hyperflash with the bulbs/repeaters I've used. Can anybody help me find the right resistors please?

Thanks,

Dan

The resistors you have are correct and will work. How have you connected the resistors?

I fitted the Osram resistors using the connectors supplied initially. Still had hyperflash after that and the connectors didn't look great so I tried positap connectors instead and still no joy. I thought perhaps I had faulty resistors so I returned the Osram resistors and want to buy some others that others have had success with but I'm not sure of the specific ones I need for these bulbs.

I wonder if it could be the side repeaters causing problems if they have no resistor?

Thanks

Back