Replacing non-nav VW head unit with RCD360 + reversing camera

Benjaminpalma

Hi there

Just bought a 2016 Caravelle. There's no reversing camera, and no Apple CarPlay without paying a dealer £250+ to unlock it.

It's got the ParkPilot feature, which I want to keep. Other than that, I only use CarPlay to access Apple Music, Waze, WhatsApp and phone.

I'm looking to replace it with an RCD300 aftermarket head unit and reversing camera. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with this proposed setup? Is it plug and play or does it need some kind of coding? Is it worth buying from a UK-based vendor or shoulld I just save a few quid and buy direct from AliExpress?

Thanks, all.

Here it is at the moment:

IMG_8106.jpg

Can be unlocked for £100 now. Its a better unit than an rcd300

Thanks - do you know who by? I was told it's only doable by VW dealers as it's a 'non-nav' unit?

Do you know if a cheapo reversing camera can work with this original unit or must it be all pucka VW?

Hi,

I replaced mine with a Kenwood unit and camera from @Absolut5 It came with a wiring harness (which made it plug and play), and I kept my parking sensors. He provided a great service and he might have a similar unit to the one you are after. I would highly recommend.

rcd300 is fine...have in mine, sensors all work..

your going to have to sort your rear camera as its on dif signals...
and you'll lose centre dash info like phone stuff..

other than that...peachy..

Hi just brought an rcd330 from travelin lite apparently it plugs straight in . Removed the old unit it has a block plug and 3 other wires I believe 1 is dab which I know it doesn’t have then a media wire and think double joint connector fm On the back of the new unit is space for the block of it fits and one more at back , but the other small wires don’t fit or do I not need them and only the connector block ? Anyone please help can send photos if needed

I’d contact Travelinlite and ask about their plug n play installation instructions

Back