Renogy 12V Lithium ion battery - Sargent EC160

Removing the charger fuse will isolate the Sargent internal charger.
I've got the EC160 unit but it's the same deal, if you've got a Durite or similar ignition controlled split charge relay under the drivers seat with the existing leisure battery then that will need removing and the ignition trigger wire connecting to your B2B charger along with the alternator incoming feed (VW 75A fused fattish black wire) and your outgoing leisure battery fat wire feed.
Put fuses everywhere and a big ie 300A battery isolator switch at the leisure battery to prevent back leakage through the charger, inverter or any other kit that will drain the leisure battery when not in use or when you want to connect additional stuff to the battery safely.
I added a Renogy shunt with remote display to show what's going in/out and remaining duration on my setup and it's a great graphical indication of the leisure battery state of play rather than slightly misleading phone apps and Bluetooth combo.
Thanks for the tip on the durlite relay, the issue I have now is the EHU won't power the 230v sockets, Unsure why. However whoever installed the EC155 made it so to change anything on the unit I had to remove all the cupboards at the back so that was a fun 5 hours

Make sure the MCBs in the Sargent are turned on, realistically there's probably just the one 16A one being used for your campers mains skts.
On mine I used one of the other two spare MCBs in the Sargent to power a 13A skt by the drivers seat for a 30A smart charger for the leisure battery when on hook up.

Make sure the MCBs in the Sargent are turned on, realistically there's probably just the one 16A one being used for your campers mains skts.
On mine I used one of the other two spare MCBs in the Sargent to power a 13A skt by the drivers seat for a 30A smart charger for the leisure battery when on hook up.
That's I think they were all on, I will check some point this week. I'm not too fussed as the lithium battery runs everything and charges which is a bonus. But definitely want the EHU to work before out next long camp

That's I think they were all on, I will check some point this week. I'm not too fussed as the lithium battery runs everything and charges which is a bonus. But definitely want the EHU to work before out next long camp
Mine is the same I’ve got lithium to run everything. I can also use EHU but obviously won’t charge lithium but will allow us 240v sockets should we need them.

Back