Getting thermo liner to stick

roooms

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’m currently stripping and sound deadening then insulating my van. Initially I didn’t think the van had anything installed but when I removed the carpet lining and panels, I found what looks like some thermo liner. It might be a cheaper imitation but the issue is that none of it has really remained stuck to the panels. Has anyone else had this issue?

I bought some thermo liner extreme and I’ll be fitting it on dodo mat pro rather than direct to the van metalwork, but the liner isn’t as sticky as I expected. I’m worried the same thing will happen to the new stuff I fit.

Has anyone used or needed to use adhesive between the sound deadening material and the insulation material? I’ll also be installing fleece after the thermo liner so things will be more packed in this time.

Here is a picture of the current insulation I am removing. The foam is firmer than the Thermo liner extreme I’m replacing it with. Maybe it was a cheaper version?

9D54C2E7-37E2-426B-99B4-BCB0B9FE799D.jpeg

When I deadened my first van I did it in cold weather and it really didn't want to stick.

Make sure the panel is clean and dry - I used a panel wipe first.

I borrowed the wife's hairdryer and heated up each panel before I stuck the sheet to it and also used an old wallpaper roller to ensure the sheet was fully stuck.

You could also use some spray contact adhesive to assist as that stuff sticks well.

When I deadened my first van I did it in cold weather and it really didn't want to stick.

Make sure the panel is clean and dry - I used a panel wipe first.

I borrowed the wife's hairdryer and heated up each panel before I stuck the sheet to it and also used an old wallpaper roller to ensure the sheet was fully stuck.

You could also use some spray contact adhesive to assist as that stuff sticks well.
Thanks! I’ll be giving those suggestions a try.

Back