Remove Rear Side Panel -sliding Door

anyone that can describe how to remove panel AS shown in picture?

Appreciated!
View attachment 18758
Front fixing bolts by sliding door. Need to remove rear light assembly to get access to fixing bolt at rear of the panel. Then just a firm straight quick pull as the side of the panel is fixed with plastic clips (see picture, clip diameter 20mm). Unfortunately most of them will break when panel is removed, so better have new ones available before even starting the job. Be careful not to scratch paint at top of the panel + side of the van when removing.

Removing rear light assembly will log a fault into memory- but will clear itself pretty soon, no action needed.
Sliding_door_panel_clips1.jpg

Will need to look but half a dozen at a guess, pretty sure I had enough to do one side
Cheers mate. If you can’t find them or don’t get time to look, I’ll order some from TPS locally because I’ve put the trim back on for the minute and the sliding door catches ever so slightly :rolleyes: that’ll give me a job to do this Wednesday.

Do you have the sliding-door bottom hinge covers in stock?

Another thread resurrection - I’ve discovered a very small water leak coming from the plastic rivets that fastens the sliding door cover panel.

What do think, seal it up on the inside, or take the panel off and replace the clip?

Pictures attached and zooming into the pesky white clip.

FB92B095-EDA8-4C56-BA3A-2E03D0B1193D.jpeg

3EB9FB12-94B0-4847-9ABC-421E25D053D7.jpeg

FA8A8915-D5B6-4C7C-843A-503DECA01E48.jpeg

If you can, seal them from the inside, I broke every clip taking that cover off to add sound deadening to it, the clips just shatter.

I'm going through the process of adding sound deadening to my LWB Shuttle and I'm wondering what people have done in order to apply some to this panel:

IMG_20220707_191624.jpg

It doesn't appear to be accessible from the inside and it's annoyingly tinny compared to the panels above and below that I've applied sound deadening to.

Can it be removed without damaging it?

Thanks,
Bunny

thats the external cover plate for the sliding door mech - dont worry about it, no benefit from doing that..

it can be removed, but no point.

just apply to inside surface.

Glad you asked, I've been wondering the same. When you shut the door it sounds awful. I just don't know how to remove it to put a few strips of silent coat on it.

Back