remove grill oven

Has anyone removed their built in grill/oven?? I'm toying with the idea as I'm not convinced the grill is worth the amount of space it takes up. Be interested to hear and see people's thoughts on this and what they have done with the space...

We rarely use ours but it's great to have the option if needed. We store the grill tray in another drawer to prevent it rattling and use the grill as a cupboard. It's surprising how much bread, croissants, bagels, treats it holds.

This makes a good oven, does roasts, pizzas etc and if you get another lid you also have two individual pans with lids.

For toast and grilling I use the flexible PTFE coated fibreglass mats available very cheaply on ebay and amazon.
These wipe clean and fold up when finished with.

As for the space, an additional beer locker won’t go amiss.

This makes a good oven, does roasts, pizzas etc and if you get another lid you also have two individual pans with lids.

For toast and grilling I use the flexible PTFE coated fibreglass mats available very cheaply on ebay and amazon.
These wipe clean and fold up when finished with.

As for the space, an additional beer locker won’t go amiss.
I like the idea of more space for beer! :cool:

So far we've only really used it for toast and as you say that can be done on the hob with a mat...

I have one of these ex Swedish army cook pots that I’ve insulated for heating a large volume of water on the hob for showers.

I have another that I’m considering using as an oven with a trivet in the bottom, it’s easily big enough for roasting a chicken and veg’.

1690290986829.jpeg

I was proposing to do this on our old T5 as we never used it, and it had even more void space around it. The gas supply to it went via a valve, so would have been easy to isolate and replace with a cupboard.

In the end I bought a new van and built the kitchen from scratch without grill/oven. We have an open front bay at the bottom and a big pan drawer above.

IMG_1512.jpeg

Has anyone removed their built in grill/oven?? I'm toying with the idea as I'm not convinced the grill is worth the amount of space it takes up. Be interested to hear and see people's thoughts on this and what they have done with the space...
@Sabre removed his and may be able to offer some advice.

I was proposing to do this on our old T5 as we never used it, and it had even more void space around it. The gas supply to it went via a valve, so would have been easy to isolate and replace with a cupboard.

In the end I bought a new van and built the kitchen from scratch without grill/oven. We have an open front bay at the bottom and a big pan drawer above.

View attachment 207111
Not sure I can get away with buying a new van as an option, we’ve only just got this one

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
I finally got doors to match the rest of the van so will be fitting those soon. I have a deep drawer for 4 bottles of wine and top tray utility draw for cutlery and cork screws.
I'll post a finished pic once the doors are on. Just waiting for the matching lock/openers, on order.

Back