Removal of front bumper and grill

Pedro

Sock Model
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone had any dealings in removing the front bumper and if so could they pass on their knowledge in helping me to do so........

Just had what's commonly known as a right result.....
My van goes in on Friday for 3 weeks to be refrigerated, due to me having the under chassis conversion ( no fridge unit on top of van ) they have told me that they remove the front bumper in order to do this.
So after a quick telephone conversation, they are removing the front bumper and I can take it away for a week to have all the grills and badges sprayed gloss black with red detailing.
I've also now got the opportunity to fit the fog lights and new surrounds ( also in gloss black )which have been ordered today.
So I'm happy as a pig in.......

It just makes some of the jobs I wanted doing, one hell of a lot easier

They look great @Pedro, get some piccies up when they are back on the van..... I forgot you were in team grey..... Don't forget to get a picture in the team grey section on 'show us your van' thread..... There must be more than 4 of us out there!!!

Thanks @Walski , wasn't sure about doing all 3 bars on the grill but once it's back on I think it'll look ok, I've also had the bottom grills where the foglights sit done gloss black so as soon as it's back on the van I'll post pics.

Also regarding only being 4 of us I'm really surprised by that, I travelled over 400 miles ( round trip ) to pick up mine when I could of had the same van in black which was 5 mins down the road !!!!

Thats looks great @Pedro, i think are be getting my front plastics and badge painted black either gloss or satin not sure yet. do they use and special paint for plastic as it will expand and contract with the weather i would think so dont want the paint cracking or coming off :unsure:

Thanks @StudleyGlass , yes they use a flexible primer and paint. To be honest I am delighted with the finish on it, I've also gone for something a bit different on the fog light trims which I pick up tomorrow.
So once all put back together and back on van I'll take pics.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Got my fog light surrounds painted in gloss black, again with red detail.
For 2 reasons mainly.
If I was to fit sportline spoiler you would see the touch of red from behind it.
Also if I go for ABT spoiler personally I feel it would give a good look.
Happy with results so far....
Just gotta try and get these back in without scratching them......
Proof will be when it goes back on van......

image.jpeg
This is to show you how the 3 lower grills clip into place and how the strip simply unclips so again you can code it whatever colour suits.
The strip is very easy to remove, just by pushing the clips towards you ( ones in red )
The lower 3 grills need a good pull to get them to shift. And the centre one must come out first, as the other 2 are connected to it by the 3 clips running vertically in the picture.
image.jpeg This is just to help anyone else who is thinking about doing this.
The clips you see here are for the chrome strip that's already on this front grill.
This can be removed without taking the front bumper off ( that's if anyone wants to code it a different colour )

I glossed blacked all mine fronts grills even the caravelle grill upper centre chrome trim.
Spraying the abt kit this weekend if the weather is good on Sunday.

image.jpeg
This again is to help anyone who has a trendline and is thinking about fitting the foglights themselves.
The Foglights are fixed into place via the 2 screw holes in the picture, the clips on the fogs ( which I've shown in an earlier posting ) simply push and clip into the retaining hole that is the the bottom left of this picture.
That holds them firmly into place.
Wiring them is another matter for another post !!!!!!
Hope this helps....

Really useful post that. Knowledge is power :thumbsup: Great mod too by the way ;)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Not greatest pics and think will look far better when sitting back on van.
But foglights fitted, all paint sorted.
Now back onto van in 2 weeks ( delay in work on fridge conversion )
Then trip to vanstyle ( October date ) for rest of styling mods.
And finally be able to throw my 20"s on it....

Back