Front grille removal and replacement - how?!

Garyf123

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,
I have removed the front bumper on my 2019 highline. I have purchased the main grill, lower grill (3 piece) and fog light trims in gloss black. I have fallen at first hurdle trying to replace fog light inserts! Have released loads of clips but still cannot figure how it comes out. Seems that it may slide as the black plastic inner bumper frame seems to be stopping me from getting access. I have undone screws and released clips but it appears the this item is moulded in place. Can anybody help please?

Gary.

They do come out Gary I did mine, I'll try and find a pic of how I did it...

All I've got I'm afraid, does this help? I'm sure mine came out with a trim tool ok? I don't remember sliding them?

20200514_131747~2.jpg

There are some slots that are plastic welded/melted in place, you need to trim the melted bit of the back to allow the two pieces to move apart otherwise the foglight trims and held in place

Thanks for your help. I did manage to do it before I read your replies by cutting the welded plastic out and removing both black plastic frames. I did struggle with fog light trims though and when I put everything back together, one side of the fog light trim looks to have popped out at the bottom. I am hoping I can push the bumper back enough for it to click back in place or it’s the bumper off again!

Back