Removal of front bumper and grill

not enough hours in theday yet @Pauly , but need to throw it on Vcds to see if I can go down the genuine parts root.....

Am very jealous Pedro. Did you do the spraying yourself? It's definitely on my to-do list but need the van on a daily basis and haven't had time to polish it properly let alone dismantle for spraying etc. Loving your work though!

Ha, loving the shouts on the wheelie bins, and I knew that many would come in useful one day.......
Regarding the spraying, I haven't the talent unfortunately to do it myself so got my mate to do it for me, he also does all the hydro dipping and wheel repairs in his own place.
The best part of it was what it cost me.
I got a pounds change out of £121 ........ Mates rate obviously

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Just some before and after photos of new fogs and paint .
Won't be able to show final bumper on van till 2 weeks as delay on my fridge conversion.

Nice job ! The bottom photo looks like you've got your T6 parked in the house :rofl: Must tell the wife what others are allowed to do .....

Ha, never saw that.....
If I could park it in the house .... I would o_O

Pedro, great work. Can I just clarify, is it possible to remove the blanks where the fog lights go without the need to remove the whole bumper. Wondering if I source the new fog light surrounds and fog lights, if I could fit them without pulling the bumper off. Would sort out the wiring at a later date.

Sorry to dig up this old thread, have watched the vids on removing the lower grill as I'm going to spray this weekend but I'm unclear on how to remove the upper front grill, any vids or instructions anywhere please gentlemen?

I'm afraid to remove the upper grill, you have to remove the full bumper, because it fixes from the rear.

As I’m going to retro fit some fogs when I get my Sportsline splitter fitted etc. Do the mounting plastics ie what is painted red included or are these separate ? Or are they their anyway but just covered over by the removable grill prices ?

As far as i'm aware they are still there, just behind the Sportline splitter.
Well they are on mine.

Its a replacement trim, the bit painted red around the foglight is all part of the larger trim it appears they have just masked it off and painted the recessed area red

Yes Pedro has his removed and painted red/black.
You can only remove the 3 part mid Section of grills. Upper is a bumper of job. Bottom fog trim is a bumper of job.

Back