Remap on a 140PS manual

What about the 102 engine? Like the idea of it pulling better up long hills when loaded but I’m no boy racer so not bothered by improved acceleration and there is no way in hell I want to do my DMF again (or have any other issues mechanically due to a remap) - is it safe on that engine? What’s the lowest increase are I can do and would that be worth it?
Are we talking euro 5 102? If so The 102 is the 140 but de-tuned and with a 5 speed box. The maps for this take into account the gearbox and run less torque. There are two map settings at 140 or 180 ps. And yes very much worth it. Will transform the engine. If it’s the euro 6 it can’t be mapped.

Are we talking euro 5 102? If so The 102 is the 140 but de-tuned and with a 5 speed box. The maps for this take into account the gearbox and run less torque. There are two map settings at 140 or 180 ps. And yes very much worth it. Will transform the engine. If it’s the euro 6 it can’t be mapped.
Yes it is the euro 5 102 manual.
All stock in the engine department although I had cruise control fitted. Not sure the van is on the latest VW flash as it has generally been serviced at independent garages for the last three years. Would flashing it to latest software (as I understand it this is done before adding the remap) somehow wipe the cruise control? I saw this mishap crop up in an Audi forum somewhere.

Back