Remap on a 140PS manual

Rg_

T6 Guru
Got a 140bhp T6 T32.

Looking for a remap to deliver a bit more power but mainly try and improve fuel economy even more.

Anyone else done this?

Driven normally, with the increased power and torque from a remap, you can get into higher gears quicker and this will be better on fuel.

Give REVO a try it comes with a 30day money back guarantee if you’re not happy

I've had mine done about 4-5 months ago. I would say a very slight improvement in economy, but nothing like my old 130bhp T5 which jumped up a good 15% and more. I would say not enough to justify the expense, also the way the DSG has adapted or not, to the remap, is making me reconsider the whole thing.

To revive an old thread rather than start a new one... I’m keen to hear if anyone else has mapped their 140PS 6-speed van.

Mine is a camper conversion weighing 2.4t returning 36mpg on average.

I’m happy with the MPG, but would like a little more poke.

To revive an old thread rather than start a new one... I’m keen to hear if anyone else has mapped their 140PS 6-speed van.

I’ve got a Pendle map on my 140 6 speed, great improvement over standard and would recommend it.

How do you get that MPG from a loaded camper?!

My empty Kombi does 34 on average and I’m 50/50 motorway cruising and A/B roads, hardly ever town/city driving. I rarely go over 70 on the motorway and very rarely accelerate hard to try and keep my mpg as high as possible!

Given that all manufacturers are in competition to produce an economical and environmentally friendly commercial vehicle would they not have already optimised the tuning for the best results?
I can understand mapping to increase or reduce power but getting more fuel economy with more power doesn’t seem to add up.

To echo ChrisR, mine is a EU5 (non adblue) 140, six speed manual 4Motion, I had a Pendle remap to 175 after owning it for six months. I often tow a trailer weighing up to 2 tonnes.
The remap made it much easier to drive, obviously more power but more importantly more torque, no change to my economy, I average 35 mpg (Less when towing) which I'm happy with, after all it is what it is!
I'd recommend a remap if you'd like a bit more poke. I'm sure Revo are great because they have a great reputation on here, but my only experience is Pendle and I'm very pleased.

Just had my 140 T30 done this week. It has added 'some' oomph (it's possible to spin the wheels in 2nd now and it pulls way past 4000 revs) but my main reason for having it done was for better towing torque and I've ended up with the dreaded 5th gear judder. Be careful who you go with

Just had my 140 T30 done this week. It has added 'some' oomph (it's possible to spin the wheels in 2nd now and it pulls way past 4000 revs) but my main reason for having it done was for better towing torque and I've ended up with the dreaded 5th gear judder. Be careful who you go with
Who did you go with?

I have A T6 140 DSG euro 5 and have run a DTUK tuning box and pedal box as well.
I was going to sell my camper as we tow a caravan as well and don’t use the camper as much as we should.
I was going to go for a 204 kombo but am thinking of keeping the camper as I have spent about 47k all in over the years so am thinking if remapping it.
Question will a revo map make a big difference over the tuning box and pedal box and what sort of power can I get out of the 140.
Also If my do you get a better revo map on a T6 if the dealer has done a lot of T6 or is the map and the way it’s done exactly the same.
Cheers

I’ve got a Pendle map on my 140 6 speed, great improvement over standard and would recommend it.

How do you get that MPG from a loaded camper?!

My empty Kombi does 34 on average and I’m 50/50 motorway cruising and A/B roads, hardly ever town/city driving. I rarely go over 70 on the motorway and very rarely accelerate hard to try and keep my mpg as high as possible!
Mine is a 2018 t6 150 DSG. Ongoing mpg average over 2.5 years is 37.5 mpg (total milage/total fuel in). As measured by the MFD average fuel consumption on some trips is over 40 mpg, no idea how accurate this is. But very happy with 37.5.

The Revo will sort your needs perfectly. Great engine the 140. And tunes well. Bulletproof.
To echo @ChrisR mine is a EU5 140PS, six speed manual 4Motion, I had a Pendle remap to 175 after owning it for six months.
I often tow a trailer weighing up to 2 tonnes.
The remap made it much easier to drive, obviously more power but more importantly more torque, no change to my economy, I average 35 mpg (Less when towing) which I'm happy with, after all it is what it is!
I'd recommend a remap if you'd like a bit more poke. I'm sure Revo are great because they have a great reputation on here, but my only experience is Pendle and I'm very pleased.
Just had my 140 T30 done this week. It has added 'some' oomph (it's possible to spin the wheels in 2nd now and it pulls way past 4000 revs) but my main reason for having it done was for better towing torque and I've ended up with the dreaded 5th gear judder.
Be careful who you go with
So I had the van mapped at BMVS last Tuesday but, due to work / a stag do / working away, have only driven it back from Sussex to Essex.
So far I’m impressed.
Oli said the van will feel lighter, and he’s right - my camper is heavy, but the map makes it feel like you’ve jumped in an empty van.
The torque is so much greater, and the van pulls on, negating the need for a gear change.
I certainly didn’t notice any improved MPG on the drive home, and doubt I will for a few weeks yet, but the all-important grin factor is certainly there.

If you’ve got a 140PS I’d say go for it - you’ll love it.

I had a 140bh and used this guy
It was like driving a totally different van, smooth, added torque, better fuel economy and just felt like it wanted to give more.

Do your homework, check your budget and go for it, you won’t look back.

I‘m having my new van done soon by this guy.

I’ve got a t6 140 6 speed manual and just wondering if a remap can smooth out 1st to 2nd gear shifting.. all other gears are great but going from 1st to 2nd feels hard work to get a decent smooth transition..

Would need to drive to confrim but this sounds more of a clutch or synchro issue?

Reactions: JOG
The Revo will sort your needs perfectly. Great engine the 140. And tunes well. Bulletproof.
What about the 102 engine? Like the idea of it pulling better up long hills when loaded but I’m no boy racer so not bothered by improved acceleration and there is no way in hell I want to do my DMF again (or have any other issues mechanically due to a remap) - is it safe on that engine? What’s the lowest increase are I can do and would that be worth it?

Would need to drive to confrim but this sounds more of a clutch or synchro issue?
Cheers for the reply! Changed the complete clutch kit as I had leaky slave cylinder.. it is now a lot better but still thinking it could be smoother.. maybe gearbox only done 50k though. Not being mechanically minded at all - what are the symptoms of synchro issues and is it a big expense to fix and diagnose?!

Back