Remap ..... Just Can’t Decide On Which One

Yep straight through no issues and my self levelling is unplugged on my headlights and haven’t finished connecting up my headlight washers either all in situ just not operative and they didn’t care
Mine sailed through too. With this airbag light problem i’m having was convinced it’d fail. I got it reset at mates garage then drove straight round corner to MOT before it could come back on.

REVO can flash fully back to standard with the latest map, so essentially untraceable.

My RS3 has a REVO map, and a five year Audi warranty. Just been in for a couple of warranty issues, after flashing back, no problem at all. First things dealer does on a visit is hook up and check for updates etc.

Why re map? Surely if the van was made the way it is ,why try and do something to the engine that its not built for?
This cant be good for the engine?

Why re map? Surely if the van was made the way it is ,why try and do something to the engine that its not built for?
I'm not sure if I'm correct but aren't all 2.0 engines the same and its just different software? Mines a 204 but I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that its the same engine as all the other 2 ltrs?
Happy to be corrected.

I'm not sure if I'm correct but aren't all 2.0 engines the same and its just different software? Mines a 204 but I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that its the same engine as all the other 2 ltrs?
Happy to be corrected.
Mines a 150bhp t32, but im sure i could only get it mapped to 204 cos thats biggest engine?or so im told ....i know nothing regarding engine or cars .

Mines a 150bhp t32, but im sure i could only get it mapped to 204 cos thats biggest engine?or so im told ....i know nothing regarding engine or cars .
I used to be a mechanic but that was in the 80's when we didn't have computers running our cars.
Mines a 204 but still has 2 ltr engine. I believe I can re map mine to 240.
Mine is also bi-turbo but I just assumed it was a turbo that swung both ways, being a fairly liberal kinda guy I didn't have an issue with that, and felt that if it ever wanted to talk about it then I would be there to listen, but it seems to whistle all the time, so I assume its comfortable with its life choices.
Perhaps that has something to do with it?

Last edited:
As per opening thread really.
I appreciate some don’t see the point, it is horses for courses. I’ve had them done on cars and happy with the results. Other folk think they are a waste of time, I haven’t an issue with the decision they have come to. However the point of the thread was “which one”, not “debate the pro’s and con’s”.
No disrespect intended.
As to engine longevity, how can VW make a 2.0 engine that can be slotted in a Transporter that develops 84PS, and the exact same lump that can deliver 204PS? The block can handle it. They are detuned for the world market anyway. Regular services and good quality oil will see no detriment to engine life.
Mitsubishi can squeeze over 400PS out of a 2 litre lancer without every single one going bang, so the slight increase that a stage one map produces to smooth out the power delivery in any other vehicle isn’t going to damage anything.
I bought a 2.0 Audi A4 avant in 2005, it was a 112PS and was the only thing suitable on the forecourt of Oxford Audi. I really wanted the 135PS version but the dealer clearly wanted to have me buy this particular car from them as it was all they had. The dealer told me about a company called AMD in BIcester, and how they could remap, in line with Audi guidelines to take this one above the 135PS lump. The dealer even took it to that tuner for me before I picked it up. First remap I ever had, car was awesome. And a dealer introduced me to it.

I am same as you @DaveyB been looking on and off for two years. My opinion is Revo. All offer similar power gains and each engine will be individual in its output and characteristics.

Revo just seems the safest route in my opinion and hopefully the nicest outcome.

I had a PDI box on a Vito years ago and it did make it go better but I know that this was just messing with the original ecu signals and would occasionally lead to engine shutdown if I went for gear change from very high rpm. Not much fun loosing power stearing and brake assistance while overtaking. It would normally reset after a couple of minutes but did make me think that the plug in box was just a hack.

There is another option here

My german is useless so the vidoe is a bit tedious sonfor those wanting the highlight skip to 8 minutes in.

@DaveyB I agree.
This isn't a thread about the pros and cons, its about who's the best to carryout the works and I watch this thread with interest.
Again, no disrespect intended.
Will start phoning around and speaking to tuning houses when I get a day off towards the end of the month.
MRC are no more than 2 mile away, and I think that maybe Richter in Milton Keynes might be my closest Revo dealer. As to Pendle location would have google to find.

If I could get another 10-15% mpg, I’d be interested too, but........it’s not going to happen is it.

Happy to be corrected.
Just been reading on customvanz website what they claim to be able to do. It says all euro5 2ltr single turbos can be taken up to approx 204ps, and all euro6 2ltr single turbos up to 204ps apart from the 102ps which they can take to 178ps.
Obviously if you already have a 204, this can be stretched to wobbly cheek status.

Just been reading on customvanz website what they claim to be able to do. It says all euro5 2ltr single turbos can be taken up to approx 204ps, and all euro6 2ltr single turbos up to 204ps apart from the 102ps which they can take to 178ps.
Obviously if you already have a 204, this can be stretched to wobbly cheek status.
Oh for crying out loud. Now there is a Raceline map to throw in the mix, not just Revo or Pendle. euro 5 BiTDI 180 remaps to 235 and 340lbft torque!!!!!! Agggghhhhhhh.......
Having looked I was starting to be swayed by the REVO product and get the STS box with it, cos then there is the potential to set different maps, such as for when towing. But that product suggest only a 27PS uplift in power. If this Raceline product is being factual then that is 55PS .

I'm astonished to hear and read what they claim. 84bhp remapped to 205bhp. I take it you won't be accepting my remap of 20 leaf blowers strapped to to side DaveyB.

I’d love to get next to a std 204 at the lights to really see the difference! Anyone local to Portsmouth fancy a race? Oh and film for all!

Hmmm claimed figures on sales brochure. Do you really believe them?

My thinking is that the good ones will all be able to achieve about the same and if someone is getting a little extra then will this be at the cost of something else like drivability.

I could be totally wrong here, but I see this not as tuning the engine as you would by altering the pistons, valves, cylinder head, etc. i.e. replacing engine components, but more like de-restricting the engine to its release natural output. So not affecting reliability or making the engine do something it can not accommodate.

I still say go with the one you feel more comfortable with as they will all give you an improvement, but one you can't measure in numbers.

As for the cost vs power increase. If you were ordering your van today and the 204ps was £34'000 with the next engine model of 230ps for £34'500 which box would you be ticking:thumbsdown:

I think there would not be may 204's around but plenty of 230's:thumbsup:

Back