Reimo Roof Questions

Grim Reaper

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Anyone with the various versions of Reimo's roof give some insight into a few features?
The locking system.. Is there a catch or is it just straps? Are there different versions that have different locking methods. I am not really sure about the strap versions I see on other roofs.
Is it possible to fit it yourself? In particular the easy fit version, I am pretty handy in the garage and should be able to fit it so long as it comes with some decent instructions.
Has anyone done a vinyl wrap to one? The roof comes in white only so would have to be painted or wrapped, I'm thinking a carbon wrap will go well with my orange van and might be a better way to protect it or easier to repair it should it suffer any damage down the line.

We have a Reimo roof with straps but I think they offer clasps as well now.

Worth finding out how much the unit weighs before contemplating doing it yourself as I suspect the frame is pretty hefty (minimum 4 man lift?). I have no idea how the frame is fitted to the body.

I hate being negative but insurers may not like you doing it yourself so worth checking with them as would no doubt count as a major modification.

Cheers Mark

I have a Reimo SWB ‘easy fit’ and very happy with it, it’s well insulated and ventilated. I went for the basic mattress as the luxury version seemed over priced when comfort can easily be improved with a piece of memory foam.
I’ve been a practical mechanical engineer for the last 41 years but I certainly wouldn’t consider fitting a Reimo roof myself unless I’d installed a few alongside experienced installers. As far as I’m aware it has to be done by approved installers to have any warranty.

OK, so next question is where can I get an easy fit roof fitted (at a reasonable cost)?
Reimo price is €4,249 which is around £3700.

OK, so next question is where can I get an easy fit roof fitted (at a reasonable cost)?
Reimo price is €4,249 which is around £3700.
Expect to pay around £5k fitted. Any roof is only as good as the fitter. I wouldn’t entrust £3700 quids worth of roof to a cowboy for the sake of a couple of hundred £ difference in cheap over good. Make sure they don’t skimp on the Sika.

Has anybody used the Reimo hatch cover with the Easyfit roof and is it secure? Shutter f.21153

Also, am I correct that a mattress and springs are an optional extra for the Reimo Easyfit?

Trying to decide between this one and the SCA 190.

Has anybody used the Reimo hatch cover with the Easyfit roof and is it secure? Shutter f.21153

I have that “shutter” on my Reimo roof.
Not sure what you mean by secure but all it is is a fabric flap that is secured to the bed board and fixes around the roof aperture with Velcro to hide the canvas.
I also have the sprung mattress fitted in my roof. It is branded “Froli” but I couldn’t tell you if it came from Reimo as the pop-top was fitted by the previous owner.

I have that “shutter” on my Reimo roof.
Not sure what you mean by secure but all it is is a fabric flap that is secured to the bed board and fixes around the roof aperture with Velcro to hide the canvas.
I also have the sprung mattress fitted in my roof. It is branded “Froli” but I couldn’t tell you if it came from Reimo as the pop-top was fitted by the previous owner.
Thanks for the reply.

In the Reimo catalogue, it looks like a snug fit to cover the hatch but is it in practice? It looks like a rigid board covered in fabric that clips into the space above the driver and passenger. Can't find any pics or video reviews on-line.

Considering how much a roof costs, you'd think manufacturers would offer a robust, practical and aesthetically pleasing option built into the roof.

Looking up at a pile of folded canvas and straps isn't a great finish

Thanks for the reply.

In the Reimo catalogue, it looks like a snug fit to cover the hatch but is it in practice? It looks like a rigid board covered in fabric that clips into the space above the driver and passenger. Can't find any pics or video reviews on-line.

Considering how much a roof costs, you'd think manufacturers would offer a robust, practical and aesthetically pleasing option built into the roof.

Looking up at a pile of folded canvas and straps isn't a great finish
I agree, I’ve got a padded fabric cover which does the job.

The camper I bought has the Reimo roof and I think it perfect. As stated above not worth DIY get someone it is a Reimo fitter. We have the straps version and I feel is good enough. The bed does get some time to get used to, but does the job.

Couple of pictures, one with the “shutter” fixed in place, the other with it down.

84809862-BBFA-49EB-AD55-D461AD5A9898.jpeg56062F84-1448-4721-8FC4-0F4DC5BA1CF4.jpeg

It was already in my van when I bought it, I think it’s the Reimo shutter linked in the post by @Mogsie

Also, am I correct that a mattress and springs are an optional extra for the Reimo Easyfit?

Trying to decide between this one and the SCA 190.

Great pictures, thank you for taking the time to post these.

Final question, is it rigid and how does it stay in place?

No worries, had to go out in the van so took a couple of quick pic’s with my phone.
No , it’s not rigid, it’s just a fabric flap. It’s sewn into the roof lining at the rear end and fixes at the front with Velcro.

Back