Reimo multirail FAIL

A Brown

Hi all, I’m after some advice (hopefully I’m doing something wrong or I’ll be very cross!)

My camper has had a multirail fitted for ages, and we finally bought an awning.

The second the wind got up the bead pulled out of the multirail!!!!!

Tried a friends 6mm bead Canopy And two poles, and again, slight gust and the bead pulled out and the canopy fell on our 6 month olds’ head! .

I’ve been threading the bead into the channel on the multirail, it’s a snug fit, and I assume it’s because it’s soft and rubbery it pulls through?????

I don’t see how a Kador strip would help, it is essentially another 6mm bead, and I don’t want to be carrying poles around to pole and clamp the awning... I bought the correct 6mm beaded O.R Kayman so I wouldn’t have to. I was about to buy a canopy too for day trips but having had this issue I’m rather annoyed!

Any help / advice very much appreciated!!!!

I’ve read about kador strips with 6mm & 7mm beads and a channel to join two 6mm beads together. I think its called a drive away kit.

Last edited:
So, I might have a VW multirail fitted, as its rubbery not aluminium like the reimo ones. I’ll post a picture.

Paynewright, a drive away kit won’t change the bead size that pulls through rail?

isn't the VW one 7mm, rather than 6mm? Might explain why it pulled out.

So, I might have a VW multirail fitted, as its rubbery not aluminium like the reimo ones. I’ll post a picture.

Paynewright, a drive away kit won’t change the bead size that pulls through rail?

It will if you get one with a bigger bead!

On the California forum it talks about a rubber insert for the OEM rail to stop the 6mm bead pulling out.

You can get kador strips with beads > 7mm but it might involve a bit of sewing!

Dont you need something bigger than 6mm - thats a 4mm to 6mm?

this perhaps

Must say that I have no personal experience of rails / awnings etc other than doing a lot of research to understand whats available and what fits out needs.

PS thats weird - both links are titled 4-6mm but when you click on them they are 6-7mm bizarre!!

Ian

Last edited:
Dont you need something bigger than 6mm - thats a 4mm to 6mm?

this perhaps

Must say that I have no personal experience of rails / awnings etc other than doing a lot of research to understand whats available and what fits out needs.

Ian

It's a 6 to 7 or 7 to 6 depending on which way around you need.

It will if you get one with a bigger bead!

On the California forum it talks about a rubber insert for the OEM rail to stop the 6mm bead pulling out.

You can get kador strips with beads > 7mm but it might involve a bit of sewing!

thanks! I’ve just had a read on the Cali forum and this seems a very common problem!

So the rubber “insert” VW supply for the aluminium rail is so soft all 6mm beads pull through.

The solution seems to be using a 7mm bead into the alloy rail and ditch the rubber insert.

let’s hope that sorts it...

3B1883DB-1D77-4733-B8A4-949C25EBE9E9.png

There’s also a kit above form the Cali club shop that fixed it.

hopefully this helps people in the future

Back